Old 2010-10-26 , 16:01
Still listens to the wireless

Exclamation Recording from PVR

Hi there.

Until last month, I could playback my recording from the PVR and record them on DVD (via DVD recorder), as a backup (I have taken 3 PVR's back to Multichoice for various ailments, losing all my recordings in the process). I have since updated the software on my PVR, to enable me to specify my favourite channels.

Since the software update, I cannot record anything on DVD!! Is this normal? It gives me a locked signal on the tv whenever I press the record buto on the DVD recorder remote.

Are all recordings on PVR disabled from being recorded when they are being played back?

Please assist.
Old 2010-10-26 , 16:10
Changes remote batteries daily

From the FAQs....

""""""""""""In terms of copy protection, it is a contractual requirement that MultiChoice implement copy control on all decoders moving forward. This requirement comes from the content providers. The copy protection implementation is in line with international standards and for linear content, allows for “copy once”, ie. you can copy the content to an external device which is compliant with these standards, but you are prevented from using the copy on the external device to make additional copies (termed 2nd generation copies). For VOD (video on demand) content, the copy protection is set to “copy never”, ie. no copying of the content is allowed.

If your DVD player is no longer allowing for recording of content, we suggest that you check the manual supplied with the equipment, including how copy protection has been implemented on that device as well as any details on the type of DVDs to use.

It is important to note that the impact of copy protection on external recording devices is not unique to our market and has been reported in other territories where copy protection has been implemented. """""""""""""

give it all you got today
Tags
dvd, playback, pvr, recording