Old 2010-10-25 , 13:50
Still listens to the wireless

Talking HDPVR P2 with DSD1131 Xtraview

Hi there,

This report might be of help to other desparate souls !!!!

I have just succeeded to install and activate my HDPVR P2 as primary in the lounge and with DSD 1131 as secondary in my bedroom connected with a 15m LNB line and a 15 heartbeat line using the intallation 2A on page 13 and the LNB configuration on page 29

With the HDPVR2P there was a bit of a struggle (90 min on the phone) to activate it and just about when the DSTV technicians gave up and insisted that I get a accredited installer, I pressed the scan button in desparation (which was not mentioned by anyone) and VOILA everything worked.

Then I installed the DSD 1131, using the EXACT setting as prescribed in the manual V3.1 on internet and phoned DSTV to have it activated. .... Disaster !!!! I was informed that the DSD was never sold by Game AND that the serial number did not correspond to the Smartcard number. It was suggested that I return DSD to Game (200km from my home) and demand a replacement. What now ???

I decided this did not make sense, I re-installed all the connections and checked that the settings were correct and called the Xtraview technicians again (not mentioning the previous episode). After enquiring about my settings, the techy instructed me to change the primary communication Port to "IN" and the secondary Port to "OUT". No luck nothing worked and I was instructed to get a proper accredited installer to redo the job.... that means R500-R1000 down the drain !!

I then decided to change every setting back to the settings prescribed in the V3.1 manual, switch of the power, let it cool, had a drink and booted up both decoders and gues what !!! the DSD did a proper scan and voila ... everyting worked

Bottomline !!!! USE the prescribed instructions in the manual and DONT let the techy convince you otherwise.
Old 2010-10-25 , 14:38
A big, eagle-eyed baobab.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilmax View Post
Bottomline !!!! USE the prescribed instructions in the manual and DONT let the techy convince you otherwise.
Good advice. They can't see your settings and the settings don't affect what they do to activate it, so when they tell you to change a cable or setting just say "ok, done" a few seconds later
Old 2010-10-25 , 14:50
Technical Myriad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merv G View Post
Good advice. They can't see your settings and the settings don't affect what they do to activate it, so when they tell you to change a cable or setting just say "ok, done" a few seconds later
agree it is defintely in the interests of your sanity to lie to the call centre on this issue!
Old 2010-10-26 , 11:17
Knows how to use a remote

Quote:
Hi there,

I have just succeeded to install and activate my HDPVR P2 as primary in the lounge and with DSD 1131 as secondary in my bedroom connected with a 15m LNB line and a 15 heartbeat line using the intallation 2A on page 13 and the LNB configuration on page 29

With the HDPVR2P there was a bit of a struggle (90 min on the phone) to activate it and just about when the DSTV technicians gave up and insisted that I get a accredited installer, I pressed the scan button in desparation (which was not mentioned by anyone) and VOILA everything worked.

Then I installed the DSD 1131, using the EXACT setting as prescribed in the manual V3.1 on internet and phoned DSTV to have it activated. .... Disaster !!!! I was informed that the DSD was never sold by Game AND that the serial number did not correspond to the Smartcard number. It was suggested that I return DSD to Game (200km from my home) and demand a replacement. What now ???

I decided this did not make sense, I re-installed all the connections and checked that the settings were correct and called the Xtraview technicians again (not mentioning the previous episode). After enquiring about my settings, the techy instructed me to change the primary communication Port to "IN" and the secondary Port to "OUT". No luck nothing worked and I was instructed to get a proper accredited installer to redo the job.... that means R500-R1000 down the drain !!

I then decided to change every setting back to the settings prescribed in the V3.1 manual, switch of the power, let it cool, had a drink and booted up both decoders and gues what !!! the DSD did a proper scan and voila ... everyting worked

So true.... I had the same problem with the the extra view setup and all I did was read threw the manual provided on the website.Nine out of ten times, the technicians does not always know what he\she is talking about, that is what I have experienced.
Old 2010-11-29 , 10:41

Smile

Tried again now, and the link is working. Thanks DSTV Forum.
Old 2010-12-08 , 09:24

So to confirm - you used a 6 way multi switch?
Old 2011-03-05 , 10:10

Default HDPVR P2 with DSD1131 Xtraview

Thank you very much -most helpful, very practical.
Old 2011-03-05 , 10:51
Changes remote batteries daily

Quote:
Hi there,

Hey Wilmax, Welcome to the forum

And thanks for geting using good old 'common sense' to get a result; also for going to the trouble of posting the detail for us to see.

Us regulars get very frustrated in just getting the same old questions like a stuck record, when there is a wealth of great info on the forum; so your report is a breath of fresh air.

Again Welcome! Cheers, K

Last edited by Sandtonman; 2011-03-05 at 10:57. .