Old 2010-09-15 , 10:27
Changes remote batteries daily

Default What happened to...

I'm just wanting to find out,what ever happened to Disney XD?

Wasn't DSTV planning on adding this to their bouquet at some stage not so long ago?

This channel looks so much more appealing than the current Disney Channel.

Sorry to say this but I really despise the Disney Channel at the moment.

It's got more reality shows than anything

What is going on?
Old 2010-09-15 , 10:28
MultiChoice

@sualk, as we always say on this forum - when we are in a position to share news about new channels or services, we do so immediately on this forum. Watch this space.
Old 2010-09-15 , 19:10
Knows how to use a remote

@sualk, I made a thread about Disney XD a while back also asking what happened to it. I for one was very excited to hear news of this channel coming to Dstv, but then DStv replied back saying that they no longer had plans to launch this channel. Back then, people speculated it was because of bandwidth issues.

It's the same with Disney for me aswell: Too much live-action series, I'm more of an animation fan.

@MC Marietjie, I hope by saying "Watch this space" you're hinting that DStv is looking back into possibly getting Disney XD. It's seems like a great channel.
Old 2010-09-15 , 19:35
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

apparently the first delay on recieving the channel was the rebranding from Jetix to Disney XD. Then the second was as Wonder mentioned. Disney channel use to advertise shows for Disney XD, but now they have stopped so thats when I thought we are no longer getting the channel.

Disney XD (or Jetix when I was in the UK) is a great channel. Read a couple of months ago that Viz Media (the western anime/manga distribution company for Bleach, Naruto, Megaman, Detective Conan Inuyasha & so on) had agreed to let Disney XD show more of they lighter animes. Naruto Shippuden was the first one which started airing last year, but I've read many scenes are edited so that it can air on the channel.

Usually watches: Disney, Disney XD, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, BBC Entertainment
Old 2010-09-18 , 18:17

So has anyone noticed that Disney has started advertising Disney XD shows again? I saw one last night for The Suite Life on Deck special, I hope that if they have started advertising Disney XD shows again it does not lead to specualtion like most of us believed...and that actually the channel is planned

Usually watches: Disney, Disney XD, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, BBC Entertainment
Old 2010-09-19 , 00:10

Ya Tsume, saw the same advert aswell today. It's frequently shown to make things worse.
Old 2010-09-19 , 10:00
Changes remote batteries daily

When does FHM come out again?
Old 2010-09-19 , 10:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsume View Post
apparently the first delay on recieving the channel was the rebranding from Jetix to Disney XD. Then the second was as Wonder mentioned. Disney channel use to advertise shows for Disney XD, but now they have stopped so thats when I thought we are no longer getting the channel.

Disney XD (or Jetix when I was in the UK) is a great channel. Read a couple of months ago that Viz Media (the western anime/manga distribution company for Bleach, Naruto, Megaman, Detective Conan Inuyasha & so on) had agreed to let Disney XD show more of they lighter animes. Naruto Shippuden was the first one which started airing last year, but I've read many scenes are edited so that it can air on the channel.
Bleh, why edit the scenes? Why not make it late night and keep it as is?
But for DSTV, I have a better idea. Remove animax that has been airing the same shows and same episodes for the last year and get a new anime channel in its place
Old 2010-09-19 , 12:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
But for DSTV, I have a better idea. Remove animax that has been airing the same shows and same episodes for the last year and get a new anime channel in its place
I would like to agree with you but unforetunately, Animax is the only international anime network. There are other anime channels out there, but the're all ristricted to certain countries and regions.

Animax was our only true shot of having a proper anime channel.
Old 2010-09-19 , 12:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Bleh, why edit the scenes? Why not make it late night and keep it as is?
It happens alot of times when an anime is shown on kids channel. For example Dragonball, at times Goku as a child would end up getting naked...like you could see everything, the version which played on SABC 2 a couple of months ago was the edited version, when Goku would get naked (to swim or just came out of saiyan gorilla tranformation) he either had underpants digitally drawn on him or an object was digitally drawn in to block him.

Samething happened with Naruto for many of the kids channel in the UK, but apparently the only editing which went on was if someone was smoking (like the third Hokage), the pipe was digitally removed & the presence of blood was also toned down. That's why the DVD release's of the show are called "Naruto Unleashed".

I have been watching the Naruto Shippuden (the unedited version) & have to say the aggresiveness of the show has jumped from Part I to Part II, so I do understand why they would edit the show for Disney XD. But it seems people are complaning that it's heavily edited where they even cut scenes out & it's easily noticed.
I think there is a new time for the show 11pm if I recall, this also PO'd alot of people as everyone had wanted the 10pm timeslot for the show, dont know if they toned down the editing on the show because of this.