Old 2008-11-17 , 09:25
Still listens to the wireless

Default BE 1 Error after auto-upgrade

Hi All, I am getting a BE 1 Error to on my Dual View decoder. I was watching TV last night when all of a sudden screen went blank and a message stated that a important upgrade is being done. It ran for about 30min then looked like it was rebooting but never rebooted again only shows BE 1 on decoder.
I logged on the DSTV FAQ pages and found the below suggest remedy for the problem.
My dual view decoder shows a BE1 error, how do I fix it
Loading content ...

My dual view decoder shows a BE1 error, how do I fix it?
FAQ
Category : DStv
Sub Category : Troubleshooting
Question : My dual view decoder shows a BE1 error, how do I fix it?
Answer : Dual View - Reset the decoder by pressing and releasing (Menu and Down arrow) simultaneously. Your decoder will flash dL.
Whiles dL is flashing, press the Menu.
Press Up arrow
Press Down arrow
Press Standby button again
The decoder will now show dE and start the download process.

This did not work.
Any ideas.
Thanks Ashley
Old 2008-11-18 , 12:20
MC iTV2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley_Borges View Post
I am getting a BE 1 Error to on my Dual View decoder.
Hi Ashley

You may have been given instructions with one incorrect step. Please see below.

Dual View fixing a BE1 error
  1. Reset the decoder by pressing and releasing MENU and DOWN ARROW on the front panel simultaneously.
  2. Your decoder will flash dL.
  3. While dL is flashing, press STANDBY.
  4. Then press UP ARROW.
  5. Then press DOWN ARROW.
  6. Then press STANDBY button again.
  7. The decoder will now show dL and start the download process.
Old 2008-11-18 , 13:05

Hi MC iTV,

I took the decoder in yesterday to Multichoice they tested it and said the LNB 2 is not receiving power this is why there is a fault. Now they say the will replace but will charge me R342.00.

I do not believe this is correct as if my decoder did not do auto update this error would of never happened. MultiChoice should have system in place to prevent this.

I also don’t believe I was diagnosed with the correct fault looking at this forum link http://qa.dstv.com/Gysmm/Forum/threa...d=27664&Id=132 .

This makes me mad that my dual view was working perfectly until this update now I have to fork out the cash.

Regards,

Ashley
Old 2008-11-18 , 13:46
Technical Myriad

@ MC iTV2

(1) MC needs to check the FAQ info and see if that is correct acc to your message (Standby iso Menu)
Old 2008-11-18 , 14:12
Technical Myriad

@ Ashley,

There are a few things to verify first before you simply rush out and replace your decoder. If your install has somehow gone faulty then when you get home with the new decoder, the same situation will exist.
What did they say at the MC centre - IF one of the LNB ports on the decoder is not delivering power
(18V or 13V) then I am afraid, you have a problem and will have to replace the decoder.

If this is not what was said, then the decoder could be okay but your install has gone faulty.

You may have not noticed this before because, you either never watch channels on opposite polarisations, at the same time, but when the update ran, the s/w wanted to use the second LNB port, in which case, if there was no power on that port the LNB would not power up and the DL could not proceed. = be1 error.

SO,

(1) Are you using a twin LNB?
If a twin, then it is possible that one of the LNB ports is faulty, or that one of the cable connectors is damaged or got water into it. It may be that that has caused the decoder to go faulty.

What you can do in this instance is swop over the two cables on the decoder and then reboot. If the reboot gets past the point where it got stuck, then you can be almost certain that one of the LNB ports is faulty, or that the cable is faulty.

(2) If you have a rather old install, then you may have the situation where a single LNB is used with a splitter, and that may no longer be suitable install because many channels are being moved onto other transponders. Again you may have not noticed it before because you would have had to watch two channels both on opposite polarisations and seen one work and one not to detect this fault before a software upgrade became necessary.

I strongly advise you to get an installer out to verify your install, check the LNB and the cabling, because a fault on teither can be the reason for the damage to the decoder.
Old 2008-11-18 , 14:44

Hi Geoff

MC informed me that LNB ports 2 on the decoder is not delivering power.
I am using Twin LNB and MC connected the decoder at there offices and tried to correct the error. This is when they informed me that the decoder port fault and said that I would receive a replacement unit and would need to pay R342.

Many Thanks,

Ashley
Old 2008-12-02 , 17:51
Still gets up to change channels

Dualview decoder got the same Error message this afternoon.

call centre told me to go and test it, nearest DSTV office is 160km away!!!

When the BE 1 error is displayed I press the Menu and down arrow, then when DL is flashing I press On/off button , Up, then Down and then on off button again.

the 00 is displayed runs around and after 20sec I get the BE 1 error again.

The red light keeps on flashing on the panel.
Old 2008-12-02 , 20:04

Well will take it in tomorrow, all those up an downs doesn't work....
Old 2008-12-02 , 20:41

Default Hi,

Try

Reset the decoder by pressing and releasing MENU and DOWN ARROW on the front panel simultaneously.
Your decoder will flash dL.
Then press UP ARROW.
Then press DOWN ARROW.
Then press STANDBY button again. (= Menu)
The decoder will now show dL and start the download process.

But they ended up changing mine and charging me R350 for a replacement unit. Sorry cant help more. Goodluck

Ashley
Old 2008-12-03 , 00:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley_Borges View Post
Try

Reset the decoder by pressing and releasing MENU and DOWN ARROW on the front panel simultaneously.
Your decoder will flash dL.
Then press UP ARROW.
Then press DOWN ARROW.
Then press STANDBY button again. (= Menu)
The decoder will now show dL and start the download process.

But they ended up changing mine and charging me R350 for a replacement unit. Sorry cant help more. Goodluck

Ashley
So the standup button is the menu button?