Old 2010-07-19 , 11:23
Still listens to the wireless

Lightbulb Pensioners Package

If I have to estimate, there are quite a few million pensioners, not only in South Africa but in the whole of the continent.
I know there are packages that YOU, Multichoice, offer that are cheaper, yes, thank you very much for that, but some of the channels that we watch on a regular basis is not included in those packages.
I've been with Mnet since the beginning of time, back in the 80's always been a supporter.
In the meantime I've become a disability pensioner and cannot work. I live with my daughter as I'm sure a lot of the pensioners do.
If you can compile packages that include Mnet, 201 and 202, that would be great, or if you can reduce the price of the Premium Package, that would be very appreciated.
My Daughter and I watch a maximum of only 17 channels, the rest are actually a waste. There are no small kids or teenagers in her house.
During the day my Daughter work while I stay at home.
I love my sports channels as well as History, Crime channel, Discovery and the interresting ones.
Please, if you can give a lot of people FREE premium packages, I'm sure you can at east bring the price down for us pensioners who get R1080 per month. That would include old age and disability pensioners.
Thank you for listening.

Last edited by disabilitypensioner; 2010-07-19 at 11:26. . Reason: Adding a thank you.
Old 2010-07-19 , 11:27
Changes remote batteries hourly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disabilitypensioner View Post
If I have to estimate, there are quite a few million pensioners, not only in South Africa but in the whole of the continent.
I know there are packages that YOU, Multichoice, offer that are cheaper, yes, thank you very much for that, but some of the channels that we watch on a regular basis is not included in those packages.
I've been with Mnet since the beginning of time, back in the 80's always been a supporter.
In the meantime I've become a disability pensioner and cannot work. I live with my daughter as I'm sure a lot of the pensioners do.
If you can compile packages that include Mnet, 201 and 202, that would be great, or if you can reduce the price of the Premium Package, that would be very appreciated.
My Daughter and I watch a maximum of only 17 channels, the rest are actually a waste. There are no small kids or teenagers in her house.
During the day my Daughter work while I stay at home. I love my sports channels as well as History, Crime channel, Discovery and the interresting ones.
Please, if you can give a lot of people FREE premium packages, I'm sure you can at east bring the price down for us pensioners who get R1080 per month. That would include old age and disability pensioners.
Hi great idea, problem is abuse. If you get DSTV as per your status your daughter benefits too which is against the spirit of the package. Many people will subscribe for DSTV in their parents or grandparents name. There is no way to police it either. Don't take me as a party pooper, but it is hard to impossible to control/monitor
Old 2010-07-19 , 11:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwalker View Post
Hi great idea, problem is abuse. If you get DSTV as per your status your daughter benefits too which is against the spirit of the package. Many people will subscribe for DSTV in their parents or grandparents name. There is no way to police it either. Don't take me as a party pooper, but it is hard to impossible to control/monitor
There are some housholds that have a multitude of 20 people living in that house, that would be R26.45 per person, is that fair?
Then include 101, 201 and 202 in one of the packages that is cheaper.
There IS ALWAYS a solution to some of the POOR excuses!?
Old 2010-07-19 , 11:44

Quote:
There are some housholds that have a multitude of 20 people living in that house, that would be R26.45 per person, is that fair?
Then include 101, 201 and 202 in one of the packages that is cheaper.
There IS ALWAYS a solution to some of the POOR excuses!?
I don't pay rent water of lights, this is my way of thanking her for giving me a roof over my head. I lost my wife recently so I have no companion to share anything with. The balance of my pension I give to my Daughter for food.

Last edited by disabilitypensioner; 2010-07-19 at 11:45. . Reason: Spelling error.
Old 2010-07-19 , 19:00
Changes remote batteries daily

I'm in the same boat. DSTV is not designed for us poor okes. When times get tough for me DSTV will unfortunately be the first to go.
Old 2010-07-19 , 20:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo View Post
I'm in the same boat. DSTV is not designed for us poor okes. When times get tough for me DSTV will unfortunately be the first to go.
I think we should have a cable running from house to house like some of them do. I know people that have a PVR doing it that way. They pay about R100 per month each. Now that is fair? As I said earlier, I've been an Mnet subscriber since 1987 but I guess that does not count? There are people that have been a subscriber for a few months then win a prize twice in a row? How appropriate? I'm looking at the packages on Top Tv. They don't have national sport but then again it is less than half the price. I can always watch the big matches at my neighbour.
Old 2010-07-20 , 07:43
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

If there was a way to allow this without abuse I'm sure that Multichoice would do this but unfortunately there is not. DSTV is a luxury and if you cannot afford it you have to unfortunately do without.

Being a loyal supporter also does not help. If you have always bought BMWs but now that you are retired and no longer earn enough to afford a BMW must BMW provide a pensioners discount so you can continue to drive a BMW? No, people either go with a cheaper car or use public transport.

I can understand your perspective but there is no way it could be implemented without widespread abuse.
Old 2010-07-20 , 12:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRay View Post
If there was a way to allow this without abuse I'm sure that Multichoice would do this but unfortunately there is not. DSTV is a luxury and if you cannot afford it you have to unfortunately do without.

Being a loyal supporter also does not help. If you have always bought BMWs but now that you are retired and no longer earn enough to afford a BMW must BMW provide a pensioners discount so you can continue to drive a BMW? No, people either go with a cheaper car or use public transport.

I can understand your perspective but there is no way it could be implemented without widespread abuse.
We not talking cars here in case you noticed. So sport is also a luxury? We always had free rugby and cricket, now we have to pay for it? You will also notice I mentioned 101, 201 and 202 ONLY. I'm not interested in ANY of the other channels. To have the 3 channels we have to Pay R529.00 per month. I suppose now you going to tell me THAT is fair?

Last edited by MC Brenda; 2010-07-20 at 12:54. . Reason: T&C, play the ball not the man
Old 2010-07-20 , 13:00
Changes remote batteries hourly.

Quote:
We not talking cars here in case you noticed. So sport is also a luxury? We always had free rugby and cricket, now we have to pay for it? You will also notice I mentioned 101, 201 and 202 ONLY. I'm not interested in ANY of the other channels. To have the 3 channels we have to Pay R529.00 per month. I suppose now you going to tell me THAT is fair?
Edit: Here is an extract of the DSTV Channel FAQ - http://forum.dstv.com/showthread.php?t=7757

Why can I not select and pay for channels I want to watch?
To subscribe to a personal selection of channels rather than a fixed DStv bouquet wouldn’t reduce subscription fees but would in fact make the service unaffordable for most subscribers. The DStv bouquets and size of its audience base create an ‘economies of scale’ benefit when acquiring channels and savings are passed on to subscribers. There would also be a significant cost associated with the development, implementation and administration of the broadcast and backend systems required to deliver customized channel packages

Last edited by gwalker; 2010-07-20 at 13:12. .
Old 2010-07-20 , 13:13
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Quote:
You will also notice I mentioned 101, 201 and 202 ONLY. I'm not interested in ANY of the other channels. To have the 3 channels we have to Pay R529.00 per month. I suppose now you going to tell me THAT is fair?
Translation: "I can't afford your premium product. But I'm sure you're running as a non-profit organisation. So can't you just give me your top 3 products for less-than-cost, 'cos, y'know, you're a non-profit organisation?"

Tags
few million pensioners., free to some people, pensioners package