Old 2010-06-23 , 19:39
Still listens to the wireless

Cool Activation of USB Port on HD PVR

Hi there

I've heard that the USB port on the HD PVR decoder has now been activated. Is this true and will this now enable me to move files off the PVR's internal HDD (TINY!! when you start recording in HD) to an external HDD? If so, any idea what the file format will be? mkv? mpeg2? avi? any other?
Old 2010-06-23 , 19:53
A big, eagle-eyed baobab.

Not true, its not active and there are no current plans to activate it
Old 2010-06-23 , 20:27
Still listens to the wireless

Default Verbatim HD DVR

OK, so that settles it. I'll just buy myself a new Verbatim HD DVR with 1.5 Tb HDD. I've had one for a while (its now unfortunately broken) and it recorded everything excellently well from my SD Single View Decoder (generating Mpeg files), including pause live tv etc but excluding Duelview, which I won't be wanting to use anyway. It costs about the same as the Multichoise PVR.
Old 2010-06-23 , 20:45
A big, eagle-eyed baobab.

Take note of this though http://forum.dstv.com/showpost.php?p=45343&postcount=12
Google will be your friend though if you want to find a way around it
Old 2010-06-24 , 09:51
Changes remote batteries daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by historian View Post
OK, so that settles it. I'll just buy myself a new Verbatim HD DVR with 1.5 Tb HDD. I've had one for a while (its now unfortunately broken) and it recorded everything excellently well from my SD Single View Decoder (generating Mpeg files), including pause live tv etc but excluding Duelview, which I won't be wanting to use anyway. It costs about the same as the Multichoise PVR.
ahhh but does it decode sat signals...no. need to compare apples with apples. Also be careful the macrovision and copy once protection systems now running on new decoders.
90cm dish; dual LNB; Explora Switch; HD-PVR2 + Explora in lounge; XV heartbeat via t-piece; Philips 42 LCD 42PFL7409/98 via HDMI and Sony 42" 576p panel via composite; Sony surround amp fed via optical