Old 2010-06-14 , 20:56
Still listens to the wireless

Angry No signal on HD PVR

On my HDPVR there is currently no strength or quality on the signal, both bars are at zero.

The previous owners had a SDPVR and that was working fine. I've tested both cables to the dual LNB and they work, (hooked up one at a time to a working single LNB and my old decoder).

So to trouble shoot myself before I get someone out.......what should I be looking at?

Any advice?
Old 2010-06-14 , 21:05
Changes remote batteries hourly.

I would check your network settings on the HDPVR is correct if you know what you doing else I simply do a factory reset (Menu/Information Central/Information Central) Press i and 7 for Reset all Factory Settings
Pin is 9949

Then go back to Information Central. i and 3 for Rescan.

Graeme
Old 2010-06-15 , 09:34
Technical Myriad

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacquesBotha View Post
On my HDPVR there is currently no strength or quality on the signal, both bars are at zero.

The previous owners had a SDPVR and that was working fine. I've tested both cables to the dual LNB and they work, (hooked up one at a time to a working single LNB and my old decoder).

So to trouble shoot myself before I get someone out.......what should I be looking at?

Any advice?
The HD decoder requires good reception on both HOR and VER transponders. If there is a problem here, the boot cycle does not always complete properly, and then other things start going wrong.

SO we have to know that the antenna alignement, especially the skew angle adjustment on the LNB is correct.

Tune to channel 101 (VER) and see what the signals strength and quality is like, then tune to channel 184 ( FTV) and see what the values are, both need to to have very good signal strength and quality should be 100% and not varying. If there is a problem here it is most likely thta the skew angle adjustement is out. the older SD decoder was much more tolerant of installation issues than the new HD decoders are.

Last edited by Geoff D; 2010-06-17 at 07:57. .
Old 2010-06-17 , 05:50
Still listens to the wireless

Thank you Graeme.

Being new to HD PVR i did not know one must press the "yellow" button to scan -> neither did the call centre tell me. R400's call out fee later i found out! I intend to recoup this call out fee from DSTV...
Tags
hdpvr, quality, signal, strenght