Old 2010-05-07 , 18:19
Still listens to the wireless

Default Manual Dish Installation

Hi

Does anybody have a guide on how to pan a dish manually without using an installers oscilloscope type gadge. This should include the right placement of the LNB. Heard something about a 5oclock turn on it.

Thanks.
Old 2010-05-07 , 19:45
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by bezeker View Post
Hi

Does anybody have a guide on how to pan a dish manually without using an installers oscilloscope type gadge. This should include the right placement of the LNB. Heard something about a 5oclock turn on it.

Thanks.
The dish direction and LNB placement (known as the LNB skew) depends on where you live in relation to the satellite. You can get the details from www.dishpointer.com.

If you use dishpointer.com then In the satellite drop drown list you choose "68.5E Intelsat 7, 10" then you zoom in on the map and find your house and click on it then below the map it will give you the dish details you need. On you dish bracket should have the elevation degrees marked.

Zero degrees for the LNB skew will have your LNB pointing horizontally right. Turn the LNB clockwise to increase the skew degrees.

You can use the signal strength meter on your decoder (in the setup menu) to home in on the satellite. It is quite tricky because moving your dish millimetres will be the difference between full strength signal and nothing. Unfortunately the signal strength meter on the HD PVR is useless and you can't use one of these to align a dish properly.
Old 2010-05-07 , 22:08
Technical Myriad

Quote:
Originally Posted by bezeker View Post
Hi

Thanks.
Send me a PM and I will send you a DIY recipe that should help.
Old 2010-05-09 , 15:04
Still listens to the wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
Send me a PM and I will send you a DIY recipe that should help.
PM sent as requested