Old 2010-04-26 , 20:18
Still gets up to change channels

Default HD pvr hard drive problem

I have experienced a problem with my hard disk, error message reads: "Problem with hard dish. Please power cycle pvr". I have tried it a few times, but error message stays. I have then try to formt the hdd via the hidden menu, but says: "Format hdd fails, error 112".
If I try to display the recordings, it says ; "initializing, please wait", but that fails to proceed from this step. Can ayone please assist? Nico.
Old 2010-04-26 , 20:31
MultiChoice

I would suggest you take it into one our branches or agencies. Do you have DCC or is it still in warranty? If not, you can get it repaired.
Old 2010-04-26 , 20:57

Default Error code 112?

Thanks, I wil check it out. What does the error code "112" means? Nico
Old 2010-04-26 , 21:00
Technical Myriad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Thanks, I wil check it out. What does the error code "112" means? Nico
Have not seen this error yet, but suggest it means the HDD is corrupt and the file structure can no longer be recognised/reparied

IOW the HDD is sat!
Old 2010-08-21 , 14:58
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

I have the same issue.
Old 2010-08-23 , 09:38
Has to hide the DStv remote from the little one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
I have experienced a problem with my hard disk, error message reads: "Problem with hard dish. Please power cycle pvr". I have tried it a few times, but error message stays. I have then try to formt the hdd via the hidden menu, but says: "Format hdd fails, error 112".
If I try to display the recordings, it says ; "initializing, please wait", but that fails to proceed from this step. Can ayone please assist? Nico.
theres a hidden menu?
Old 2010-08-24 , 00:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanj View Post
theres a hidden menu?
Your'e done - take it in, pay R340, they will swap your unit out for a refurbished one, problem solved. Take my word for it, it WILL FAIL SOON PERMANANTLY. ... sooner than you think - no other solution.
Old 2011-04-27 , 19:44
Still listens to the wireless

OK so I am having the exact same issue. Just returned from holiday and saw this nice blue msg. Formatted the hdd from the normal menu. Then tried formatting from the hidden menu and also got the 112 error. The decoder is about 2yrs old so out of warranty. Does the R340/R350 still hold? Really don't want to take it into MC...sounds like a mission. Can't I just replace the hdd myself?
Old 2011-04-27 , 20:07
MultiChoice

It's likely that the power supply unit needs to be changed. Only way to resolve this is to take the decoder in for repair / swop.
Old 2011-04-27 , 20:33
A big, eagle-eyed baobab.

And yes its still R342 (or free if serial below 80000), go get yourself a refurbished unit, it should be much quicker