Forum > DStv Products > Remote Controls > old remote - decoder set to new remote
Old 2010-01-11 , 15:05
Knows how to use a remote

Default old remote - decoder set to new remote

Hi, is there a way to change the remote type on a dsd1110 decoder without a remote ? my parents bought a replacement remote but failed to listen
now the decoder is set on new remote but they bought the old type, any way to reset that setting as they can't get into the menu or anything...
Old 2010-01-11 , 15:20
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Maybe try ask the neighbours if you can borrow their new remote for 5 minutes Or try swap the remote for the new one at the place of purchase.
Old 2010-01-13 , 09:18
MultiChoice

There is some confusion here.
There is no "old" and "new" remote on the 1110.
(You may have purchased the smaller "1131" remote - but functionally they are identical)
You may just have to switch to either the TV1 or TV2 mode which is done by just pressing SHIFT + either "i" or "EXIT"
Old 2010-01-13 , 09:27
Knows how to use a remote

no they bought an old remote, the ones that came with the DSD990 decoders, with the arrows and ok button at the bottom part of the remote, didn't even know those were still sold... isn't there a setting on the 1110 decoder that can be set to either use the old and new remotes or just the new remotes ?? I'm sure I saw something like that in one of the settings
Old 2010-01-13 , 10:43
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Yes there is a menu on the 1110 decoder that allows you to select new and old remote. I have attached a pic of this menu. I have tested on my 1110 decoder and when "new and old remote" is selected then the decoder does respond to the old coke bottle style remote. On my decoder this was the default setting so someone must have switched the decoder to "new remote only" setting. If you can't get hold of a new remote to change the setting then maybe try reset decoder to factory defaults. Here is the procedure to do this from the from panel. I am not sure if this works as I haven't tried it myself. Just be careful if your tv is connected to the decoder with RF as the uhf channel may have been changed by the installer so you might need to retune the tv afterwards.

Quote:
The erase procedure on 1110
Reset the decoder so that dL is displayed on the front panel
Wait for 1 with a cursor
While the 1 with the cursor is displayed, press and hold P+ and P- buttons on the front panel
Hold the two buttons until the three LEDs (Amber, Green and RED) switch on and OFF.
The decoder will scan on its own and restore to factory settings.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1110_new_old_remote.JPG (49.0 KB, 15 views)
Old 2010-01-14 , 07:32
MultiChoice

The old "coke bottle" won't work on the 11xx range. The "old" remote it is referring to is the one that had the little flap that you had to turn around to change between TV1 and TV2. (I.e the first generation of the remote with the five colour buttons)

I am afraid that the "Coke bottle" remote is useless on any decoder after the 990.