Forum > DStv Forum Archive (12 May 2014) > DStv Products > Installation > Where to get the best buy on DSTV equipment in Cape Town
Old 2009-08-10 , 18:43
Knows how to use a remote

Default Where to get the best buy on DSTV equipment in Cape Town

Hi all

I got someone who can do the PVR installation. We do have normal DSTV to one point and have the HD decoder. Just need the installation. Was told that i need the following : Set CR LNB, TV link and TV cable

I'm in Cape Town CBD - where is the best place in the surrounding areas to buy these...obviously where i can find the best prices. Any idea what these would cost me?

Thanks for the help.
Old 2009-08-10 , 21:02
Changes remote batteries daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interested_in_DSTV View Post
Hi all

I got someone who can do the PVR installation. We do have normal DSTV to one point and have the HD decoder. Just need the installation. Was told that i need the following : Set CR LNB, TV link and TV cable

I'm in Cape Town CBD - where is the best place in the surrounding areas to buy these...obviously where i can find the best prices. Any idea what these would cost me?

Thanks for the help.
Space TV
180 Sir Lowry Str
Woodstock
Old 2009-08-11 , 10:09

Hi

Thanks for the info

Someone has commented the following - as far as i know i can link up my PVR and single view decoder as extra view and have to different viewing channels hey? Obviously WITHOUT paying for 2 full subscriptions.This is his comment

"I would be interested to know how you are going to connect everything as I know that you "cannot" extra view a standard PVR with a single view decoder? so you will end up paying for two (2) full subscriptions."
Old 2009-08-11 , 10:14
Technical Myriad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interested_in_DSTV View Post
Hi

Thanks for the info

Someone has commented the following - as far as i know i can link up my PVR and single view decoder as extra view and have to different viewing channels hey? Obviously WITHOUT paying for 2 full subscriptions.This is his comment

"I would be interested to know how you are going to connect everything as I know that you "cannot" extra view a standard PVR with a single view decoder? so you will end up paying for two (2) full subscriptions."

Read all the stickies attached to the HD forum items and the XV forum item and all will be revealed!

You cannot activate XV on ol single view decoders. XV only works with:

1110 + 1110
1110 + HD PVR
HD PVR + SD PVR
HD PVR + HD PVR
Old 2009-08-11 , 11:15

Well i then have a 1110 decoder and one of the options for extra view is 1110 + HD PVR. Why cant i get XtraView?
Old 2009-08-11 , 11:44
A big, eagle-eyed baobab.

You can get Xtraview, the quote you pasted earlier mentioned a standard PVR, ie SDPVR which cant be on Xtraview with a 1110
Old 2009-08-11 , 15:06

Thanks, yes i realised that afterwards.Thanks Merv G