Forum > DStv Products > Installation > Dual View Install...Newbie
Old 2009-07-17 , 21:03
Still listens to the wireless

Angry Dual View Install...Newbie

Hi all....

I recently purchased a Dual view decoder, and went ahead and did the install myself...installed a new Dual LNB...and bought 2 Remote blasters. I used my VCR to combine the singnal from the TV1 ...Video out and the TV2 RF out....and then split this via a booster...to the "near" and "far" TV.

The problem that I have is that the TV1 signal is clear but the TV2 signal is nto the clear...more snowy....I tried readjusting the RF but no luck. Both channels are fine on both rooms, except for TV2? Any suggestions would be really appreciated. When I run the RF wire straight from the Decoder into the TV it is clear........I have tried a RF modulator, but I get the same result......but with the TV1 signal.....so its not the Decoder......please help....

Regards
Brenton
Old 2009-07-18 , 09:31
Technical Myriad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang50 View Post
Hi all....

I recently purchased a Dual view decoder, and went ahead and did the install myself...installed a new Dual LNB...and bought 2 Remote blasters. I used my VCR to combine the singnal from the TV1 ...Video out and the TV2 RF out....and then split this via a booster...to the "near" and "far" TV.

The problem that I have is that the TV1 signal is clear but the TV2 signal is nto the clear...more snowy....I tried readjusting the RF but no luck. Both channels are fine on both rooms, except for TV2? Any suggestions would be really appreciated. When I run the RF wire straight from the Decoder into the TV it is clear........I have tried a RF modulator, but I get the same result......but with the TV1 signal.....so its not the Decoder......please help....

Regards
Brenton
have you tried to choose another RF channel for the decoder? a Lower channel number than the default value on the decoder.

This sort of issue arises because of the quality of the RF cable OR with the "booster" that does not operate the same at the top end of the RF band

Running the cable direct into the tvs suggests thta this could be the problem.
Old 2009-07-21 , 09:10

Smile

Thanx for the reply........I tried this and wow...all I can say is great thnx for the assistance.....it all worked in my favour...

Regards
Old 2009-07-30 , 10:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by fang50 View Post
hi all....

I recently purchased a dual view decoder, and went ahead and did the install myself...installed a new dual lnb...and bought 2 remote blasters. I used my vcr to combine the singnal from the tv1 ...video out and the tv2 rf out....and then split this via a booster...to the "near" and "far" tv.

The problem that i have is that the tv1 signal is clear but the tv2 signal is nto the clear...more snowy....i tried readjusting the rf but no luck. Both channels are fine on both rooms, except for tv2? Any suggestions would be really appreciated. When i run the rf wire straight from the decoder into the tv it is clear........i have tried a rf modulator, but i get the same result......but with the tv1 signal.....so its not the decoder......please help....

Regards
brenton
please can you tell how you set up with the video machine, our dstv was installed by an agent, and he set it up through the video machine, so that spare tv sets could pick up both channels of the duel view decoder. Recently our video machine packed up and i had to connect the dstv to the tv av connection, but now i have a new video machine and cant remember where all the cables and aerials went, i set the video machine to scan for the 2 white lines, and pick up the sound for tv1, but when i turn the lines off, there is just a blue screen. I dont know all the technical terms, but i do have some idea of what is going on. Would you be able to assist me please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2009-07-30 , 15:25

Smile

Hi

I think its fairly simple to setup....all I did was connect the TV2 RF out from my DSTV into the RF in of the video machine, and the VIDEO/AUDIO from TV1 into the Video/Audio in of the Video, then I took the RF out from the video and ran that into the TV's I wanted to use......for both channels to work make sure you set your video on AV, depending on which in you used....ie AV1 or AV2 for the TV1 in at the back of the video

Hope this helps...
Old 2009-08-05 , 17:09

Default problem solved

thank you so much for your help, i did have make some alterations, but you did send me in the right direction. very grateful!