Forum > Value Added Services > BoxOffice > Box Office not available in your region
Old 2016-03-08 , 14:24
Still gets up to change channels

Default Box Office not available in your region

Good Day All

I recently acquired a DSTV Explora and decided to join the forum.

I am having problems with box office saying that "Box Office it is not available in your region".

It has been this way for the past week and a half, the MC consultant in the call centre told me to wait 7 days but its been nearly two weeks.

I am also missing numerous catchup titles, I only have 20 series titles and about 15 movies. I checked on my brothers Explora and he has over 60 series titles and plenty of movies.

Is my unit faulty?

My signal is as follows and fairly stable:

Tuner 1 - 89 strength - 100 quality
Tuner 2 - 96 strength - 100 quality
Tuner 2 - 81 strength - 100 quality

I previously had the HD decoder and when I obtained the explora I replaced the single LNB with a Smart LNB, installation was done by myself and adjusted the skew angle to get above signals but meter was not used. The dish is an 80cm dish as recommended by MC.

Any advise guys, is my installation perhaps the problem even with the good signals above?

Thanks in advance
Old 2016-03-08 , 14:29

Just to add, I already did a swap out at a DSTV agency ( 29 February 2016) and was given a new one as the consultant indicated that the decoder is faulty. After hooking up the new one he advised that it seems it is faulty as well but I can try it for a few days and return if nothing changes.

They are willing to give me another new decoder (saw them unboxing it) but just thinking is it perhaps something else.

Last edited by Vauxhall16v; 2016-03-08 at 14:31. .
Old 2016-03-08 , 16:23
Changes remote batteries hourly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vauxhall16v View Post
Welcome :-)

Presume you mean "tuner 3" above?
That's the tuner used for Catch Up (CU) and Box Office (BO) etc.

Your signal values are fine for the Explora, well done on getting it that good.
EDIT: @Other readers who aren't sure if they're getting good enough signal values, please first see post #14 in this thread for details of what to check for and how. This may be all that requires attention.

Firstly, make sure your software is up to date;
Go to Help \ General Information \ Loader Status and look at "Load ver/var" on the top right (ignore Loader Version on the top left) - if updated it should say 52/2. (This version is the latest, was updated mid June 2016. A later version would also be ok.)

If the software is not up to date then try a reboot - just press and hold the power button on the front panel. (If it does a software update it will take a long time to reboot.)
If it's still not updated afterwards, see this thread as well: http://forum.dstv.com/showpost.php?p=264187&postcount=8

If the software was already correct then suggest you now try a harddrive re-format, which has had success for many others in the past. Some menu settings will reset so do make a note of them, possibly including the important following ones;
Home Network - in Settings \ Satellite Settings
Video & Audio - in Settings \ User Preferences
Remote Control - in Settings \ System Settings
EDIT: Please DO see further important info about the formatting in MC Brenda's post below.

After the one corrective step or the other, CU and BO should slowly start to populate properly. If still no good after a couple of days you can try a supervisor at the Call Centre, and maybe ask them to involve "Xtreme Ops" with your assistance.

Please give us feedback, and thanks for the swap info in the other thread.

Further EDIT: What to first do if you end up needing to take your Explora in;

Suggest you then first watch everything that you need to in the Playlist and anything in CU (Catch Up) and then take it in for testing / correction if possible.
Best to use a MC Service Centre, agencies are not as competent in our experience.
If you have a second decoder connected with XtraView then take both decoders with, but first note how both their RF ports are connected.
Also, if you have an older HD PVR involved then see if it only has one, else more LNB cables attached.

Another EDIT: Note the following re CU content for new users;

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Marietjie View Post
Also pls remember that it takes up to 72 hours for your whole Catch Up to populate. And you won't get back episodes of shows, you will only get shows from the time you activated. For example, we are super stacking Game of Thrones from the first episode of season 6. But as you only joined now, you will only get from episode 7 next week onwards. You can go to Catch Up on the DStv Now app or online, or connect your Explora to the internet, to get some of the previous episodes.

Last edited by Optimist; 2016-10-09 at 16:13. . Reason: Comprehensive information & alteration
Old 2016-03-08 , 16:33
MultiChoice

It is likely that the decoder lost a setting when first being set up. If your DStv Explora has any personalised settings (including Network settings or ones for XtraView), please make sure you take down those settings and then follow these steps :
Press the BLUE DStv button
Go to Settings
Select System Settings
Select Reset Decoder Settings
Select Reset to Factory Default AND Format Hard Drive (this will delete all recordings, all scheduled recordings, as well as DStv Catch Up content).
Please do not switch the decoder off for at least 15 minutes after this process has completed (this includes no reboots).
Please reenter any personalised settings and then check again after 6-12 hours and let us know if there are still NO BoxOffice titles. Remember, it takes a few days for all DStv Catch Up and BoxOffice content to download.
Old 2016-03-09 , 07:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
Welcome :-)

Presume you mean "tuner 3" above?
That's the tuner used for Catch Up (CU) and Box Office (BO) etc.

Your signal values are fine for the Explora, well done on getting it that good.
Suggest you try a harddrive re-format, which seems to have some success for others. Some menu settings will reset.

Also make sure your software is up to date;
Go to Help \ General Information \ Loader Status and look at "Load ver/var" on the top right (ignore Loader Version on the top left) - after the upgrade it should say 47/2.

Then if still no good after a couple of days you can try a supervisor at the Call Centre, and maybe ask them to involve "Xtreme Ops" with your assistance.

Please give us feedback, and thanks for the swap info in the other thread.
Hi Optimist

Thanks for the Welcome, I have confirmed that the Load ver is indeed 47.2 so that was not the problem.

I have however formatted the hard drive as suggested and when I checked this morning I had two box office movies downloaded so it seems to be working now, also Catch Up has quite a few titles already and I definitely see ones that was not there before so it seems that has been fixed by the format as well.

Thanks for the compliment on the installation, it really helped that I had a willing partner that was screaming from the TV for no less then 30 mins that it is finally on 100% quality for all ( this was after numerous attempts and her updating me lol as I moved the LNB)

It seems I had to do this on my first Explorer as well before the swap out, anyways I got another new one so no worries.

And no problem on the advise, afterall that is what the forum is for.

Once again thanks for your assistance guys, definitely much happier now that all services are working as intended.
Old 2016-03-09 , 07:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Brenda View Post
It is likely that the decoder lost a setting when first being set up. If your DStv Explora has any personalised settings (including Network settings or ones for XtraView), please make sure you take down those settings and then follow these steps :
Press the BLUE DStv button
Go to Settings
Select System Settings
Select Reset Decoder Settings
Select Reset to Factory Default AND Format Hard Drive (this will delete all recordings, all scheduled recordings, as well as DStv Catch Up content).
Please do not switch the decoder off for at least 15 minutes after this process has completed (this includes no reboots).
Please reenter any personalised settings and then check again after 6-12 hours and let us know if there are still NO BoxOffice titles. Remember, it takes a few days for all DStv Catch Up and BoxOffice content to download.
Thanks MC Brenda, followed your instructions and so far so good, Box Office has two movies and Catch Up catalogue also seems to be showing titles I never had previously.
Old 2016-03-09 , 09:02
Technical Myriad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vauxhall16v View Post
Good Day All

I recently acquired a DSTV Explora and decided to join the forum.

I am having problems with box office saying that "Box Office it is not available in your region".

It has been this way for the past week and a half, the MC consultant in the call centre told me to wait 7 days but its been nearly two weeks.

I am also missing numerous catchup titles, I only have 20 series titles and about 15 movies. I checked on my brothers Explora and he has over 60 series titles and plenty of movies.

Is my unit faulty?

My signal is as follows and fairly stable:

I previously had the HD decoder and when I obtained the explora I replaced the single LNB with a Smart LNB, installation was done by myself and adjusted the skew angle to get above signals but meter was not used. The dish is an 80cm dish as recommended by MC.

Any advise guys, is my installation perhaps the problem even with the good signals above?

Thanks in advance
The levels you are getting on all 3 tuners are very good. Especially the 100% quality values.

It means that there is unlikely to be anything wrong with the skew angle setting.
It is possible that some fine tuning to the azimuth and elevation of the antenna itself will improve the signal strength values.

Contact me via PM if you want to try and improve on the antenna adjustments.

Just remember the golden rule "If it ain't broken don't fix it"

The decoder reset to factory defaults should sort out any possible issues with the decoder itself. If the problem persists then you will need to contact MC Solomon, and ask him to verify that your service has been properly set up on MCs internal systems.
Win 10 Pro (64-bit) version 1703, build 15063.138
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2x6 MS, FSM permanently connected.
MS Edge 40 with MSEdge HTML 15
Old 2016-03-09 , 21:09
Changes remote batteries hourly

So glad you came right @Vauxhall16v

I didn't explain the detail re the formatting as I knew you would understand that given your tech ability, but it was shortsighted thinking so I'm very glad that MC Brenda added it for others finding or being directed to this thread.
Also, didn't know about the need for a 15 minute wait after this procedure, explains quite a bit...

Please let us know if any problems reoccur, thanks and enjoy!
Old 2016-03-10 , 09:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
The levels you are getting on all 3 tuners are very good. Especially the 100% quality values.

It means that there is unlikely to be anything wrong with the skew angle setting.
It is possible that some fine tuning to the azimuth and elevation of the antenna itself will improve the signal strength values.

Contact me via PM if you want to try and improve on the antenna adjustments.

Just remember the golden rule "If it ain't broken don't fix it"

The decoder reset to factory defaults should sort out any possible issues with the decoder itself. If the problem persists then you will need to contact MC Solomon, and ask him to verify that your service has been properly set up on MCs internal systems.
Definitely don't want to mess around with it again anytime soon, everything is working perfect now but sent you a PM for those details in the event that one day I feel like playing around with it again.
Old 2016-03-10 , 09:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
So glad you came right @Vauxhall16v

I didn't explain the detail re the formatting as I knew you would understand that given your tech ability, but it was shortsighted thinking so I'm very glad that MC Brenda added it for others finding or being directed to this thread.
Also, didn't know about the need for a 15 minute wait after this procedure, explains quite a bit...

Please let us know if any problems reoccur, thanks and enjoy!
Thanks buddy, all assistance is appreciated.

Just and update as well, Yesterday exactly 24 hours after format Box Office had 10 movies and my Catch Up had over 60 titles so I am sure by later today all items that should be their will be downloaded.

Thanks again guys.
Tags
no box office, no catch up