Forum > DStv Forum Archive (12 May 2014) > General > General > HD channels on Compact bouquet...
Old 2012-11-01 , 11:12
Still listens to the wireless

Default HD channels on Compact bouquet...

A friend of mine is able to view all the HD channels although he's only a Compact subscriber.This includes all the Supersport HD channels and he's been able to access it since beginning of Oct 2012.How is that even possible.No one at Dstv is able to give me an answer.
Old 2012-11-01 , 11:32
MultiChoice

Hi there - welcome to the Forum. I moved your thread to the General section, as we have closed the October 2012 changes section.

The only way that it is possible for your friend to view those channels is if his smartcard has been incorrectly enabled for Premium. So even though he is paying for a Compact subscription, he is getting the Premium subscription. I assume he must have an HD PVR - it is perhaps when they enable the PVR functionality that they incorrectly enabled the Premium bouquet (the product codes are very close to each other).

I would strongly advice that he gets in touch with us to correct it ASAP. He will be charged for the Premium bouquet as accounts are based on the active product as per our system. So even though he might think he is getting something for free, he will be charged regardless.
Old 2012-11-01 , 11:43

Hi Marietjie,thanks for the info.I find it strange that he only receives access to the HD channels only....not the full Premium bouquet.His smartcard is apparently enabled for Compact yet he been watching all the HD channels since beginning Oct.Not ayoba as I'm paying double for what he gets for free.
Old 2012-11-01 , 11:46
MultiChoice

As many of the channels are now SD and HD simulcast, it could be there that the problem comes in. But do warn him that he has not gone past a month end yet and will probably be charged for that. So he won't be getting it for free.

Unfortunately without his customer or at least smartcard number, we cannot check why this is happening and address it. So we are reliant on either you to provide that info or on him to be honest.
Old 2012-11-01 , 11:51

Hi Marietjie,fat chance on him being honest if he's getting it for free.

Last edited by MC Marietjie; 2012-11-01 at 13:38. .
Old 2012-11-01 , 14:25
MultiChoice

The issue has been raised with our Customer Service department for investigation.