Forum > DStv Forum Archive (12 May 2014) > DStv Products > Installation > Trying to activate HD-PVR before installation
Old 2012-08-30 , 13:11
Knows how to use a remote

Default Trying to activate HD-PVR before installation

Customer lives on a farm outside Grabouw. She already has a 1131 receiver and dish.

There is no cell-phone reception at the house and she does not have a Telkom phone, on account of continuing cable theft

Have PVR, its serial number and serial no of smart-card. Also ID, name and address of customer

But cannot get through to person at call centre. Am told must phone when I get there, on telling them (4 times) there is no phone on site, am met with silence!

What to do please? I am going there on Friday and would like to fit the PVR on the spot.

Thank you
Old 2012-08-30 , 13:14
Technical Myriad

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisc View Post
Customer lives on a farm outside Grabouw. She already has a 1131 receiver and dish.

There is no cell-phone reception at the house and she does not have a Telkom phone, on account of continuing cable theft

Have PVR, its serial number and serial no of smart-card. Also ID, name and address of customer

But cannot get through to person at call centre. Am told must phone when I get there, on telling them (4 times) there is no phone on site, am met with silence!

What to do please? I am going there on Friday and would like to fit the PVR on the spot.

Thank you
Get her to bring you the 1131, set it up in town as it should be on the farm, set it up, take the kaboodle out and install, should work.
Old 2012-08-30 , 13:25
Changes remote batteries hourly.

Quote:

Thank you
Integrated Services - Sat phone
Old 2012-08-30 , 13:33

Not an option. Customer has limited mobility and certainly will not get someone to drive to Cape Town and back simply because MC are so hide-bound by their rules and regulations. Why should she?

Tried speaking to a supervisor, but "none available"
Old 2012-08-30 , 13:34
Technical Myriad

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwalker View Post
Integrated Services - Sat phone
I can see this Installer calls on a satphone, gets to the call centre and gets told he is number xxxxxxxx in the queue, waits for 30minutes, gets cut off because the satphone times out, tries again and maybe again, gets through setup the decoder completes that job, Customer is happy -------

Until the installation bill arrives:

decoder R 1500
Installation material R 1000
Normal Installation fee R 800
Transport R 600
Call the MC to set up the service R 20 000

Sure it will work ----

Last edited by Geoff D; 2012-08-30 at 13:37. .
Old 2012-08-30 , 13:39
A big, eagle-eyed baobab.

Would be easier to get her a new 1131/2 as well, get them linked up & activated in CT, then go install it

Offer to buy the other 1131 & get a letter & docs to transfer it
Old 2012-08-30 , 13:48
Changes remote batteries hourly.

Quote:
Not an option. Customer has limited mobility and certainly will not get someone to drive to Cape Town and back simply because MC are so hide-bound by their rules and regulations. Why should she?

Tried speaking to a supervisor, but "none available"
I assume you are wanting to do Xtraview?
I will go with Merv's get another 113x unit.

PS. How did the client notify you?
I guess the client has a CB Radio or such to a neighbour who could call MC as last resort

The Xtraview will activation needs to be setup with the PIN with the decoders joined by the hip....

G
Plan C
Old 2012-08-30 , 18:34

She is going into the Somerset West office with the new HD-PVRs serial number and smart-card number to sort it out

It is not Xtra view, just a change from standard receiver to a HD-PVR.

She and I think MC's instructions to call centre agents should be changed. They will not budge from their standard questions and if you ask something, just re-iterate the standard theme again.

And a supervisor is never available. Do they get penalised is a customer asks for a supervisor? It seems like it, given the reluctance and excuses.

She can communicate via a VOIP phone from a transmitter on a nearby hill
Old 2012-08-30 , 18:54
Changes remote batteries daily

Plan C - whahaha!