Old 2012-08-15 , 15:24
Still listens to the wireless

Exclamation SAT CR connection

Hi All

I am having issues with my Pace HD PVR 4 Tuner. It doesnt not start up when the LNB is using the satcr port. I am lucky in that my dish is within arms reach of my balcony, so I have been Swaping it to Universal port and starting up the decoder. Once started up I would then set the it back to SatCr and move the cable to the Satcr port on the dish.

Just recently I see that this "workaround/trick" doesn't work at all.

I am currently using it on the Universal option and as you know this is far from ideal as I am unable to record.

Further my Playlist has been initialising for the past week.

Please could you suggest a solution urgently.

Would love to get a response from MC asap.
Old 2012-08-15 , 15:30
MultiChoice

im moving this to the installatio thread
Old 2012-08-15 , 15:31
Changes remote batteries daily

there way well be other problems but its really not a god idea to swop around the LNB cables when the decoder is powered up
its possible to damage the LNB and or the decoder
Old 2012-08-15 , 23:02
Technical Myriad

Switch off the decoder. Swop over to the legacy port, switch on and reboot the decoder. Once the decoder has rebooted, set the network setting to SATCR BUT make sure the setting is saved properly. Go out of the settings screen and go back in to see if the decoder is set to SATCR.
Switch off the decoder, move the cable back and then switch on. the decoder should complete the normal boot and then immediately go into the settings screen and see if it now on SATCR.

If not, you have a problem, either with the LNB or the decoder. You may have to now go to MC to have the decoder checked out.

Last edited by Geoff D; 2012-08-16 at 08:54. .
Old 2012-08-16 , 08:53

Thank you for the reply. I have tried that @ Geoff D. I will have it checked out at MC this weekend.

Is it possible that for SATCR the dish is aligned slighty different (BtwI have 90cm Dish with Ellies LNB)?
I get 98% signal strength and 100 percent signal quality on tuner 1 when of the legacy port and universal network setting.
Old 2012-08-16 , 08:58
Technical Myriad

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPVP View Post
Thank you for the reply. I have tried that @ Geoff D. I will have it checked out at MC this weekend.

Is it possible that for SATCR the dish is aligned slighty different (BtwI have 90cm Dish with Ellies LNB)?
I get 98% signal strength and 100 percent signal quality on tuner 1 when of the legacy port and universal network setting.
No, the basics of LNBs are all the same. One of the reasons for providing legacy ports on SATCR LNBs is to facilitate the proper alignment of the antenna using the legacy port connected to a FSM.

The antenna and the skew angle is correct If you have a signal strength of 98% at a quality of 100% on both VER and HOR channels ( check out 101 and 184).
Old 2012-08-16 , 10:09

Angry

Thanks Geoff.

@MC can you guys do your job and at least reply to the issue, rather than just moving to a different Thread in hope that someone like Geoff who actually understands these things sorts the issue out.

You might think I am crazy but see attached Conversation from 2 years ago when I first installed my dish. This time I am on the brink of cancelling my subscription for one and only one reason: poor customer service on a technical level.

Your so called "approved technicians" wont come out when the job is too small and their call out fees are ridiculous any way. Further its crazy to think that MC call centre line is not toll free( or has this changed in the last 2 years?) especially since its never an efficient call,

Do you think someone would have not tried resetting, uplugging, removing smart card etc? before calling you guys? You could have a robot developed or maybe a recorded message that plays while you hold forever saying these things so when we do eventually get to a consultant we can talk serious issues.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf MC Terrible Service.pdf (114.2 KB, 23 views)
Old 2012-08-16 , 11:36
MultiChoice

i did not reply earlier as i was sourcing info for you

please refer to the PM i sent you
Old 2012-08-16 , 22:29
A big, eagle-eyed baobab.

WOW, certainly not very knowledgeable, even after you mention SatCR!
Old 2012-08-19 , 16:10

Unhappy

I just got the decoder swapped out in Randburg this morning, now I return and face an issue where tuner 1 is fine for both Hor and Ver but Tuner 4 shows 0% for singal strength and quality.Hence when I start up EPG is not avvailable and and it doesn't even pick up the date or time. Really frustrating. Any suggestions?