Forum > DStv Forum Archive (12 May 2014) > DStv Products > HD PVR > HD PVR 2P: No signal after power outage
Old 2012-08-08 , 09:46
Still listens to the wireless

Default HD PVR 2P: No signal after power outage

This is the second time it's happened now: last night the power was off for an hour or so and since then my Pace HD PVR 2P won't get signal. It's a XtraView setup and the secondary decoder is fine. SatCR LNB.

It's as if the network settings aren't saved when you press OK. In desperation I tried resetting the PVR to factory defaults this morning (from the front panel) and now it's stuck on the "Trying to determine your footprint" search. Manually saving the settings have no effect (it shows the footprint search every time you open Network Settings).

Re-scanning never gets past 0% regardless of the LNB settings (I think I've tried all the combinations by now). The last time this happened rebooting it without the smartcard worked. No idea why but I could choose the correct settings and it scanned, but not this time. Signal quality was 98% for tuner 1 and over 90% for tuner 2 before the power went out. The 1131 decoder still shows 98%.

Any ideas?
Old 2012-08-08 , 10:07
Technical Myriad

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterob View Post
This is the second time it's happened now: last night the power was off for an hour or so and since then my Pace HD PVR 2P won't get signal. It's a XtraView setup and the secondary decoder is fine. SatCR LNB.

It's as if the network settings aren't saved when you press OK. In desperation I tried resetting the PVR to factory defaults this morning (from the front panel) and now it's stuck on the "Trying to determine your footprint" search. Manually saving the settings have no effect (it shows the footprint search every time you open Network Settings).

Re-scanning never gets past 0% regardless of the LNB settings (I think I've tried all the combinations by now). The last time this happened rebooting it without the smartcard worked. No idea why but I could choose the correct settings and it scanned, but not this time. Signal quality was 98% for tuner 1 and over 90% for tuner 2 before the power went out. The 1131 decoder still shows 98%.

Any ideas?
(1) Now you know why I prefer to stay away from SATCR LNBs ( At least this is ONE of the reasons)
(2) the Secondary decoder comes back because it is connected to the Legacy port on the LNB??
(3) Yes unfortunetaly, I agree with you, something goes wrong with the storage of the data for "out of the ordinary" network settings on the decoders. Saw the same recently on a whole bunch of 1131's where the "other network settings" were not stored and after a power failure only the "standard home network setting" came back.
(4) Unfortunately, the reset to "factory defaults" is propably the worst thing you could have done in these circumstatnces and that is why, along with HDD reformats, it is a "last resort action".

So what to do?

Switch off the decoder, connect the legacy cable to tuner 1 on the 2P and reboot. The decoder will at least then start up on the "home network settings" and get you to the point wherte you can then reset the network settings to SATCR, save them and swop over the cables again and reboot.

Make sure after setting the network settings for SATCR, that you follow exactly the prompts on the screen before exiting the settings options. It is the manner in which the action to save the settings is described that confuses many. (implied double negative, makes many press [exit] instead of [OK])

Make sure that the settings are saved by selecting one of the other settings and go back to the home network setting and see if the changes are still there and not highlighted in "grey". save and exit and go back again and check, then reboot the decoder after swopping over the cables again.

Last edited by Geoff D; 2012-08-08 at 10:41. .
Old 2012-08-08 , 14:32
Still listens to the wireless

That did the trick thanks. Everything's up and running now.
Old 2012-08-08 , 15:38
Technical Myriad

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterob View Post
That did the trick thanks. Everything's up and running now.
its a pleasure!