Old 2012-07-11 , 10:27
Still listens to the wireless

Default New Remote Not Working

Hi,

I recently upgraded to a HD PVR, I now have an HD PVR linked to a SD PVR. My problem is as follows, I purchased a new Multichoice Remote from Ellies aswell as the old one had a few buttons missing. I can't seem to program the remote to work on tv2 on the SD PVR. The old remote still works fine and I am able to change channels on all the TV's linked but the new remote just don't want to work. I even tried to program the HD PVR remote with the codes supplied for the tv2 but still nothing.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks
Altus
Old 2012-07-11 , 10:39
MultiChoice

ace26, I have asked a moderator for this section to log on and assist. Other Forumites will also chip in.
Old 2012-07-11 , 13:34
Changes remote batteries daily

Hi Altus,

Please indicate which Ellies remote you bought as they have a few different models available.
If you have thrown out the packaging and the model number it isn't printed on the remote, you can refer to Ellies's website and compare the images to the one you have.

31cm B&W TV

SABC 1 only, weather permitting

Quote:
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
Old 2012-07-12 , 09:08

Default Remote Model Number

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I had a look on the ellies website and the new remote has the following product code: BPUNIRMHD1 with description: Original Remote for HD PVR & DSD1110 Decoders

The old remote looked exactly the same but in between tv1 and tv2 it had a 3rd universal option asswell.

Hope you can help.

Thanks
Old 2012-07-15 , 17:07

Hi Altus,
Sorry for the delayed response.

Are you trying to get this remote to control all three viewing environments - HDPVR + SDPVR TV1 + SDPVR TV2? If so, as far as I can tell, it won't work on this remote as it can only control two viewing environments.

Where did you get the codes for TV2? From the remote's manual or this forum?
Remember that this is not an original DStv remote, so codes from the forum for the DStv remotes probably won't work on it.

If the remote's manual states that it can control the SDPVR TV2, you will probably be better off contacting Ellies directly for product support.

Although they state on the site "Able to control TV1 and TV2 DSTV environment" it probably means two Xtraview linked decoders and not necessarily SDPVR TV1 and SDPVR TV2.

31cm B&W TV

Quote:
Old 2012-07-16 , 09:47
MultiChoice

If your new HDPVR remote has Orange text at the top, it won't work on the SDPVR till after the next software upgrade. If it has Green writing, check that you have the latest software on the SDPVR and that the remote menu setting is set to respond to both "SD and HDPVR remotes"
Old 2012-07-17 , 09:59

Hi,

I am only trying to controll sd pvr tv2, Not the HD Pvr Or Sd Pvr 1.

I will have a look on the Ellies website as I was trying the codes that is on this website.

If you can think of anything else, I would appreciate any feedback.

I will also keep you informed of my progress.

Thanks.
Altus
Old 2012-07-17 , 10:05

I do have the latest software on the sd pvr decoder, If I go to DSD Upgrade it is greyed out. I just have to double check the colour of the writing.

Will let you know.
Old 2012-07-17 , 10:13
Technical Myriad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace26 View Post
I do have the latest software on the sd pvr decoder, If I go to DSD Upgrade it is greyed out. I just have to double check the colour of the writing.

Will let you know.
Not the s/w C4 is referring to ----- There is an outstanding s/w upgrade to the SD PVR that has yet to be released that makes the SD PVR able to recognise the new remotes -------

But in another post form C4 he states that MC does not release new s/w for just one "fix" but collects a number of them and then releases new s/w.

Of course this makes sense to some but to others it means that when a problem arises after a release, it is very difficult to put your finger on the problem. ----

What is the problem, the white wall tyres, or the new rims, or the new petrol, or the new spark plugs ----------
Old 2012-07-17 , 10:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace26 View Post
I will have a look on the Ellies website as I was trying the codes that is on this website.

If you can think of anything else, I would appreciate any feedback.
Your best bet seems to be to contact Ellies as this is a third party remote and you can't really expect assistance from MC for a product that's not theirs.
Unless it has the code for SDPVR TV2 programmed in the remote or it has a learning function (which I doubt), I'm afraid you are out of luck with this remote.

31cm B&W TV

Quote: