Old 2012-05-30 , 01:37
Still listens to the wireless

Default ESPN schedule

Hi

I would like to know why for the past month your time schedules do not correspond to what is being shown on ESPN. I would check the Internet and I would check the DSTV decoder TV guide daily infact I would check it 5 minutes before a certain program is ment to start and of course what is being advertised is NOT being shown, but something else.

In particular (ALONG with other programs) but in particular that is really getting on my nerves is when you advertise MLB Baseball or Baseball Tonight. Yes I enjoy my Baseball, but why every time you advertise for MLB Baseball are you showing NBA or NHL. I noticed its the "Playoffs" and I understand that the playoffs may get preference that is fine. But dont advetise MLB Baseball, some of us actually wait up till 1 or 2am to watch the games only to find that you showing something completely different.

As I pointed out I understand that other sports may take prefence at this stage of the season in other sports. Than advertise that. Dont advertise something else. In addition you will advertise Baseball Tonight but on a couple of occasions have showed something completely different.

The other day you advertised POKER 2011 on a Friday evening and when I set auto-tune for that time slot... I noticed you showed it an HOUR earlier so I missed it.

What am I saying? I am saying stop false advertising. If something takes prefence thats fine, than advertise that, if you ONLy find out ON THE DAY, thats fine. But than when it comes to 1am and It still says MLB Baseball and it hasnt updated itself to NHL Hockey or something Im going to get upset.

Can someone please assist and fix this error?
Old 2012-05-30 , 15:23
Changes remote batteries daily

@MC Marietjie, isn't this supposed to be passed on to the channel?
Old 2012-05-30 , 15:54

It sounds like it could be daylight saving related.
Old 2012-06-02 , 00:00
Still listens to the wireless

Im still waiting for a response!
Old 2012-06-02 , 10:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeMiNi View Post
Im still waiting for a response!
Hi GeMiNi, welcome to the forum.
This Forum is moderated by MC employees who all have many other responsibilities. Most mods are senior managers. They monitor the Forum during the working week and sometimes outside of it. They take their responsibilities seriously and build a good rapport with the Forumites.

Curt one-liners with exclamation marks, are likely to go to the bottom of the pile for responses and do nothing for relationship building.

Please treat the moderators with the same courtesy that you'd like to receive.

Cheers, K.

Last edited by Sandtonman; 2012-06-02 at 11:02. .
Old 2012-06-02 , 11:41

GeMiNi - Just to say that I too have on numerous occasions had reason to complain, justified or not, and have posted these complaints of mine on the forum.

At all times I have found the Moderators to be most helpful and understanding often working late at night in giving responses to various complaints of mine and others. So they have nothing but my respect in what has often been trying times for them.

However, I DO find that the Moderators on the Sports threads are perhaps not performing to the same degree of excellence that the others are. Maybe they busier or whatever but the time taken for some of their responses is ........ pathetic?

Come on you Sports Moderators and try to "up your game" just a little bit when it comes to giving replies to forumites queries or at least give us some explanation as to why your repies are so slow in coming. If at all.

Thanks
Old 2012-06-02 , 20:35
Changes remote batteries hourly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetle bailey View Post
GeMiNi - Just to say that I too have on numerous occasions had reason to complain, justified or not, and have posted these complaints of mine on the forum.

At all times I have found the Moderators to be most helpful and understanding often working late at night in giving responses to various complaints of mine and others. So they have nothing but my respect in what has often been trying times for them.

However, I DO find that the Moderators on the Sports threads are perhaps not performing to the same degree of excellence that the others are. Maybe they busier or whatever but the time taken for some of their responses is ........ pathetic?

Come on you Sports Moderators and try to "up your game" just a little bit when it comes to giving replies to forumites queries or at least give us some explanation as to why your repies are so slow in coming. If at all.

Thanks
Moderators work for Supersport and not ESPN and since this is an EPG issue, the request needs to be in the EPG section. I know ESPN gets into no man land in the Sport section.

G
Old 2012-06-03 , 12:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwalker View Post
Moderators work for Supersport and not ESPN and since this is an EPG issue, the request needs to be in the EPG section. I know ESPN gets into no man land in the Sport section.

G
If the above is correct then surely someone from Supersport, who should be monitoring the DStv Sport Channels thread should either be confirming your comment or moving this thread to it's rightful spot on the forum?

Not just leaving it hanging out there?
Old 2012-06-03 , 12:36
Changes remote batteries hourly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetle bailey View Post
If the above is correct then surely someone from Supersport, who should be monitoring the DStv Sport Channels thread should either be confirming your comment or moving this thread to it's rightful spot on the forum?

Not just leaving it hanging out there?
It is my argument with MoM a while back and she was going to talk to SS mods....

G
Old 2012-06-04 , 09:36
MultiChoice

Guys, as this is an ESPN query, it is not for the SuperSport guys to pick this up. My apologies that we didn't pick it up ourselves as we don't regularly monitor the sports channel section. Unfortunately ESPN is always a bit of a difficult one - it is a Sports channel but not a SuperSport channel. I will ask MC Thami to forward your query to ESPN.