Old 2012-04-11 , 08:26
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Default Smart card swap?

Where can these forced swaps be done in the Sunninghill, Midrand or Centurion area? DSTV/Multochoice website is not very helpfull when it comes to this. And don't try and do a search for Multichoice agencies in Centurion. Never knew Attridgeville is in Centurion.
Old 2012-04-11 , 08:31
Changes remote batteries daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Farquart View Post
Where can these forced swaps be done in the Sunninghill, Midrand or Centurion area? DSTV/Multochoice website is not very helpfull when it comes to this. And don't try and do a search for Multichoice agencies in Centurion. Never knew Attridgeville is in Centurion.
Rather goto MC in Randburg than risk using an agency, Lord F. The service at MC is very good.

Take your decoder(s) with you and make sure that your entire set-up is working before you leave. Cheers, K.
Old 2012-04-11 , 08:43
Technical Myriad

Quote:

Good advice fro Sandtonman -- Take the trouble and go thru to MC in JHB -- I would avoid Agencies in this regard, as they are already "once removed" from MC's systems, and the SC swop needs to be done properly to avoid any other issues.
Old 2012-04-11 , 08:45

As I only have a Dualview I decoder, can I expect problems? I have the card with me, as the popup message stated, but not the decoder.
Old 2012-04-11 , 08:47
MultiChoice | Customer Care

Quote:
As I only have a Dualview I decoder, can I expect problems? I have the card with me, as the popup message stated, but not the decoder.
Since you have no recordings to lose, then you won't have a risk, but you will probably get an error message on your decoder when you get home, which you can clear under the self service section on the dstv.com website.
Old 2012-04-11 , 08:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCA CCS Natasha View Post
Since you have no recordings to lose, then you won't have a risk, but you will probably get an error message on your decoder when you get home, which you can clear under the self service section on the dstv.com website.
What error? I have no errors now, so why would it be beneficial to have the card swapped to get an error. Can this not be cleared up before I get home?

Please provide link to where the info is to clear up error.
Old 2012-04-11 , 08:52
Technical Myriad

Quote:
What error? I have no errors now, so why would it be beneficial to have the card swapped to get an error. Can this not be cleared up before I get home?
the new card has to be "paired" with the decoder, and that process sometimes generates an "error message", which needs to be cleared. This is another reason why it is better for the decoder to be with you when doing the card swop.
Old 2012-04-11 , 08:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
the new card has to be "paired" with the decoder, and that process sometimes generates an "error message", which needs to be cleared. This is another reason why it is better for the decoder to be with you when doing the card swop.
Thanks for that. Maybe I should do it on another day. Wish Multichoice would say that on their popup message.
Old 2012-04-11 , 09:00
Changes remote batteries daily

Smile

Quote:
Thanks for that. Maybe I should do it on another day.
It's better to take decoder(s) with you and let the pairing be done and tested at MC; along with the XV marriage for those people with multiple decoders. (not you, I know Lord F, but just for the record).

That way, if you experience problems when you get home, you are pretty sure that it's to do with wiring or connectors in your set-up and not the decoder, smart card, XV combination.

Cheers, K.
Old 2012-04-11 , 10:00

Randburg hey!! I'm more than 300km away from Randburg and I'm in the middle of nowhere. So the nearest place for me are agencies. What advice can you give me? I did not get the message but I'm enquiring for in case.