Old 2012-03-12 , 13:18
Changes remote batteries daily

Default M-Net/MultiChoice plans

We've waited too long for DSTV's first big announcement of the year but it never came but thankfully Thinus finally lifts the lid...Something is cooking. Enjoy!

http://teeveetee.blogspot.com/2012/0...ricamagic.html
Old 2012-03-12 , 13:40
MultiChoice

Definitely not our first big announcement of the year - not by a long shot. The new channels are for Africa, not South Africa.

As for his speculation on what is coming, it is just that - speculation.
Old 2012-03-12 , 13:53
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

MC Marietjie, you must at least promise us Africa Magic Yoruba and Hausa as they are already available in Africa. I am saying this because there will more space on satellites soon even though I am not sure when.
Old 2012-03-12 , 13:54
MultiChoice

We are not planning to add any foreign language channels to the DStv platform in South Africa and specifically not Nigerian language channels. Sorry to disappoint.
Old 2012-03-12 , 13:55
Has to hide the DStv remote from the little one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Marietjie View Post
We are not planning to add any foreign language channels to the DStv platform in South Africa and specifically not Nigerian language channels. Sorry to disappoint.
no disappointment here, nigerian sounds like greek to me
Old 2012-03-12 , 14:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Marietjie View Post
Definitely not our first big announcement of the year - not by a long shot. The new channels are for Africa, not South Africa.

As for his speculation on what is coming, it is just that - speculation.
@Mc Marietjie,

Speculation sells...Ask the UK tabloids. I'm all for repackaging and rebranding M-NET channels in SA with an addition of a couple naturally in HD . I personally don't like Movies 1 and Movies 2 tags. I think it's vague. Premiere, Cinema, Scy-Fi sound a lot better and it seems to be international standards these days (Sky,OSN etc). Yeah September after the olympics
Old 2012-03-12 , 18:23
AKA Gadgenator (Changes remote batteries daily)

I hope all that "speculation" is true. I would be very happy if we can have more M-Net channels on DStv. I mostly watch the M-Net channels, it's the channels with the most latest series and world class entertainment. In HD would be a bonus!!!
Old 2012-03-12 , 18:40

The question is, is there enough content to go around without having to have endless repeats on the other channels. Almost anything that is shown on an mnet channel is repeated on other channels a few years later.
Old 2012-03-13 , 07:58

Most organizations has a forcast plan/s for the year and I would think that MC is no different. My question is why does MC not divulge this information to at the beginning of each year to their clients Surely a lot of people would like to know what is in the future of MC/DSTV/SS, etc

MC will probably reply by stating that if they divulge that information, their clients will hold them against it - put a clause to it How difficult can that be? Is MC afraid of the competition?
Old 2012-03-13 , 08:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn View Post
Most organisations have a plan for the year and I would think that MC is no different......
Of course MC is no different, Flynn, it plans and budgets 5-10 years in advance.

But you don't see Apple saying that its new iPad will be out in three months time and publishing the specs up-front

Or BMW saying wait for the new 5-Series, out in July, publishing pictures and listing enhancements and pricing months in advance.

Business (and in fact life) just does not work like that.

Why would MC divulge its plans for the year? The hype associated with a launch would disappear; its competitors would be able to take counter action before the changes take place and MC would be help to specific plans and actions that might turn out to be unrealistic for contractual, technical or financial reasons.

It's simply not a smart way to operate.

Cheers, K.

Last edited by Sandtonman; 2012-03-13 at 08:29. .