(1) The document is clear and precise and should go a long way to clearing up some of the installation issues that arise at the moment. I suggest that ALL accreditted installers should be "forced" to prove that their staff have all read this document!
(2) At least now a user is able to verify and confirm, what installers are installing and that the installations are using proper components.
(3) The SD PVR requires the activation of the TVLINK for the heartbeat circuitry to be activated. Is there any intention to correct this in future SD software releases?
(4) The diagram in the example is really good. I would like to suggest that a few arrows showing how the heartbeat and return signals flow would complete the picture. In the example the HD is the Primary and the SD is the secondary. Adding this may help to re-inforce this also.
(5) The TVLINK overload error message only appears on some installations, and without a detailed analysis of those installs it is difficult to find out why. The SD PVR seems to be able to deliver more power than the HD PVR when used with TVLINK eyes. Is there a known issue with the HD PVR dragging down the TVLINK power when used with T pieces iso combiners?
(6) No one seems to recommend or even suggest that active splitters make use of a separate power supply iso relying on the decoders to power remote TVLINKs. Is there a reason why MC does not recommend that option? Of course this then will require that the DC power signals are blocked using DC blocks. This is how my install works, where I power the TVLINK eyes from power drawn from the active splitter instead.
(7 I would now like to suggest that the next document should be one that addresses the correct way to install LNB and MS connections!