Originally Posted by HennieP
I might be mistaken, but I was recently told this is no longer a requirement - deactivating while the decoders are connected. Can anyone confirm?
No problem JG)
NO you must break the link between the 2 existing decoders before activating a new pairing and it is better to do this when the 2 old decoders are still in place as you can then confirm that the 2 decoders now operate independently of each other.
Of course it is possible for MC to break the link but generally, the normal call centre people struggle with this operation.
Originally Posted by Emanuel
My present DSTV installation set-up is dual view, with a DSD 1110(+2) primary decoder and a HD PVR secondary decoder, with a SAT CR twin LNB. The primary decoder is also used as a single view at a different location.
My questions are:
1. Is there a twin LNB available with HD capacity on both circuits? If not, is such a development envisaged and if so, when? The alternative of installing separate dishes does seem technically out-dated.
2. If the response to no 1 is negative, can the present primary decoder (1110) be replaced with a second HD PVR decoder with non HD viewing on that circuit? The alternative of switching the present primary and secondary decoders is not practical in the existing set-up. A second HD PVR as primary decoder would however enable HD viewing and programme recording at the second location.
Thank you. I await your response.
(1) LNBs have no effect on the HD capability ---- it is the decoder that determines if it is able to decode HD signals.
(2) The decision to use 2 antennas is about the distance needed to run RF cables from a single antenna position to each decoder point and is preferable when the cable distances require it.
(3) The SATCR with 2 legacy ports ( what you are calling a SATCR TWIN) can be used to feed two HD PVRs, where one decoder uses the SATCR connection and the other uses both legacy ports.
Easyview, UEC 4T HD PVR, SD PVR, XV
Spare decoders: SD PVR(2), PACE HD PVR 4T, DSD 660, 1110, 1131, Explora 1
2 unmentionable FTA decoders
Win 10 Pro (64-bit) version 1703, build 15063.138
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2x6 MS, FSM permanently connected.
MS Edge 40 with MSEdge HTML 15
Last edited by Geoff D; 2011-12-06 at 23:44.