Old 2009-02-06 , 08:06
Knows how to use a remote

Default SD_PVR frequency setting

hi guys..

my SDPVR was rest to factory default.. can anyone pls give me the frequency settings for a dual lnb installation in the Pretoria area. channels are functional but the frequency values look strange?? ... ...
appreciate any advise.

regards
prenash
Old 2009-02-06 , 20:04
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Your question does not make a lot of sense, can you maybe expand a bit?
Old 2009-02-07 , 10:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASPER View Post
Your question does not make a lot of sense, can you maybe expand a bit?

sure CASPER ... sorry .. it was clear in my head - what i was asking but not on "paper"

my home network settings was set up by MC during installation..
unfortunately, a factory default was done recently and i am not sure if i lost any configured values...

these are my current values after the factory reset...

Home Network : DSTV PAS 7
LNB: dual
LNB lo freq: 9750
LNB hi freq: 11750
Freq: 11678
Symbol rate: 27500

I am not sure if these are correct for the Pretoria area. some how i remember a different value of 10700 at LNB hi freq ?

Just want to confirm all is correct ...

thanks..
Prenash
Old 2009-02-07 , 11:11
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prenash View Post
:I am not sure if these are correct for the Pretoria area. some how i remember a different value of 10700 at LNB hi freq ?

:
The area does not matter, the signal comes from a satelite so everybody will receive it at the same frequency. Mine is set at 10700 for the LNB hi freq, but if all your channels are working correctly, do not change anything.
Old 2009-02-09 , 06:28

thanks CASPER ..
reason i asked is becos.. at the holiday complex in San Lameer there are 8 different networks with all different customised freq settings just to watch DSTV and SABC ... but then, it could be becos of the communial setup
Old 2009-02-09 , 08:43
MultiChoice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prenash View Post
thanks CASPER ..
reason i asked is becos.. at the holiday complex in San Lameer there are 8 different networks with all different customised freq settings just to watch DSTV and SABC ... but then, it could be becos of the communial setup
True, communal setups usually configure a separate network for each horizontal transport stream on the broadcast network.

Your PVR should automatically populate its network configuration screen with the correct network parameters if you select DStv Pas 7 on the Dish Installation menu. However FYI, the settings are as follows (DStv IS7 only):

LNB Power: On
LNB Mode: Dual Frequency
LNB Lo Freq: 9750
LNB Hi Freq: 10700
Frequency: 11594
Symbol Rate: 27500
FEC: 5/6
Polarisation: Vertical
Use NIT: Yes

You may want to confirm whether you are getting all authorised DStv channels with your current decoder settings? If not, please try the above settings.

Please note that if you live in a complex (sharing the satellite dish) you will have to get communal settings specific to your complex for your body corporate. Those settings will only affect networks 2 onwards. The home network however remains unchanged.

Kind regards
Old 2009-02-09 , 14:15

thanks MC... appreciate the reply...
Old 2009-03-13 , 09:59
Still listens to the wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Emmanuel View Post
True, communal setups usually configure a separate network for each horizontal transport stream on the broadcast network.

Your PVR should automatically populate its network configuration screen with the correct network parameters if you select DStv Pas 7 on the Dish Installation menu. However FYI, the settings are as follows (DStv IS7 only):

LNB Power: On
LNB Mode: Dual Frequency
LNB Lo Freq: 9750
LNB Hi Freq: 10700
Frequency: 11594
Symbol Rate: 27500
FEC: 5/6
Polarisation: Vertical
Use NIT: Yes

You may want to confirm whether you are getting all authorised DStv channels with your current decoder settings? If not, please try the above settings.

Please note that if you live in a complex (sharing the satellite dish) you will have to get communal settings specific to your complex for your body corporate. Those settings will only affect networks 2 onwards. The home network however remains unchanged.

Kind regards
On the extraview manual it says i must use the lowest possible frequencies to minimise the cable losses how do i change the frequecy?

Last edited by tmosala; 2009-03-13 at 10:00. . Reason: grama
Old 2009-03-13 , 12:23
Changes remote batteries daily

this info should be in a sticky.
90cm dish; dual LNB; Explora Switch; HD-PVR2 + Explora in lounge; XV heartbeat via t-piece; Philips 42 LCD 42PFL7409/98 via HDMI and Sony 42" 576p panel via composite; Sony surround amp fed via optical