Old 2011-09-30 , 13:38
Still listens to the wireless

Unhappy DSD 910 encryption issues

I have a DSD 910 decoder and every now and then the decoder would lose all picture and sound. I would have a black screen, however when I move between channels I still see the information bar.

I have seen forum posts of people with similar issues and it was stated that if you replace your smartcard it would solve the issue. This however has not worked for me as I have replaced my smartcard and the issue still arises.

In fact replacing my smarcard has made the problem worse, because in stead of just having a black screen i now periodically get a E07 error. This error states that the decoder is verifying my smartcard, this lasts for a couple of seconds and then I get an E16 error stating that my account has been suspended or I do not have access to the applicable channel. After waiting for a while this error also dissapears and my picture returns. This as you can imagine is very annoying especially when you are watching a very tense sports match.

Can someone please help me resolve this issue!
Old 2011-09-30 , 13:48
Changes remote batteries hourly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA_Choppie View Post
I have a DSD 910 decoder and every now and then the decoder would lose all picture and sound. I would have a black screen, however when I move between channels I still see the information bar.

I have seen forum posts of people with similar issues and it was stated that if you replace your smartcard it would solve the issue. This however has not worked for me as I have replaced my smartcard and the issue still arises.

In fact replacing my smarcard has made the problem worse, because in stead of just having a black screen i now periodically get a E07 error. This error states that the decoder is verifying my smartcard, this lasts for a couple of seconds and then I get an E16 error stating that my account has been suspended or I do not have access to the applicable channel. After waiting for a while this error also dissapears and my picture returns. This as you can imagine is very annoying especially when you are watching a very tense sports match.

Can someone please help me resolve this issue!
Hi

Welcome to forum. A dish or LNB not properly alligned can cause issues, especially if it has weather over the years. The decoder it self could also be faulty and be worth while getting it swapped out if you have Decoder care or replacing the decoder.

G
Old 2011-09-30 , 14:01
MultiChoice

HI
i would suggest going to our branch- apologies for the inconvenience. You should not be experiencing these problems after the smartcard swop. Please keep me posted
Tags
black screen, dsd 910, encryprion, smartcard