Old 2011-09-28 , 15:10
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Default UHF and VHF Clashes

I have a little installation problem.

TEST
====
When distributing only UHF signal from satellite decoders to the house all channels have good clear Picture.

When distributing only roof antenna VHF and UHF for etv to the house all those channels are good and clear.

PROBLEM
=======
When i combine the satellite UHF with the roof antenna VHF and UHF for etv, only my roof antenna channels are very very distorted.

Extraview setup
===============
My extraview works like this: HDpvr primary and SDpvr secondary.

The roof antenna is entering the tv network system in the SDpvr RF IN.
So i was wondering if the HDpvr primary decoder from RF IN sends a heartbeat to the SDpvr secondary RF OUT which is the same RF cable which the SDpvr secondary RF OUT is sending the roof antenna signal to the HDpvr primary RF IN......it looks like a two direction on the one cable. Could this be the reason i wonder?? Is this a valid clash?

I would really welcome comments, the root antenna SABC and etv from roof which have very bad distorted picture is driving me nuts.

best
Quad LNB --> Own Dedicated 1.2meter steel dish--> HD-PVR Primary (RF Out) [pace] black + SD-PVR Secondary (RF In) XtraView Active, cabling 20meters Dish to Decoder, Ventilated, 0.5meter from SD-PVR same room, 1 Display Port connected only = HDMI, remote batteries FRESH
Old 2011-09-29 , 10:22
Knows how to use a remote

You need to change the transmitting frequency/s on the decoders. SABC/ETV transmits on different channels in different areas. Please advise in which area you reside and I'll get a transmission list to you.
Old 2011-09-29 , 13:03

Hello Hennie

I am in the Valhalla, Pta area.
I have changed my UHF frequencies all around the scale, from 22 to 69 on UHF does not matter where i put it, the antenna signal is really bad.

Digital equipment output on UHF.
sd ovr tv2 30
sd pvr tv1 34
hdpvr 22
toptv 28

The analog channels from the roof are on:
25 - mnet analog scrambled
26 - tswane tv
etv is in the 30's not sure which channel.
The sabc channels are on VHF i am not to much worried about as my tuning is all on UHF.

When i search for a open channel on UHF, i scan tv and check where on the scale the white noise is perfect, not showing any interference. Then i tune my digital equipment to that channel. I prefer lower than 40. The lower you go, the better picture you have.

But as for my persisting problem when combining the roof and digital signals getting interference i am open for any advise.

best
Quad LNB --> Own Dedicated 1.2meter steel dish--> HD-PVR Primary (RF Out) [pace] black + SD-PVR Secondary (RF In) XtraView Active, cabling 20meters Dish to Decoder, Ventilated, 0.5meter from SD-PVR same room, 1 Display Port connected only = HDMI, remote batteries FRESH
Old 2011-09-29 , 15:50
Changes remote batteries hourly.

Just think in a years time, we will be over the soft launch of DTT and they issue of VHF is voided.
PS. Would it not be easier to get an older decoder and enable easyview for R20/month for the SABC/etv Channles.

G
Old 2011-09-29 , 16:16

@gwalker

i just posted the exact same thing in general what you mentioned. Ditto! Go Easyview which is R20 per month, have a old satellite decoder dsd660 perhaps running it and pull that roof antenna out for good. Just need to know if these old decoders would still work with the current signal MCA is sending.

best
Old 2011-09-29 , 16:19
Changes remote batteries hourly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hein View Post
@gwalker

i just posted the exact same thing in general what you mentioned. Ditto! Go Easyview which is R20 per month, have a old satellite decoder dsd660 perhaps running it and pull that roof antenna out for good. Just need to know if these old decoders would still work with the current signal MCA is sending.

best
I had a dsd660 working on Easyview earlier this year.

G
Old 2011-09-29 , 16:22

problem solved! fanks guys
time to get that old steam locomotive warmed up.
Old 2011-09-30 , 12:57
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hein View Post
26 - tswane tv
@Hein or anyone else - please explain what this channel is?

How can it possibly be in use, only one channel off from CSN in PTA on ch.25 - is it maybe coming from another geograhic source? Anyone tried to get this further away (Jo'burg)?
Old 2011-09-30 , 14:51

hi :-)

It is a pretoria local channel

the one day my PVR SD tv2 started to show much interference, took it in, checked, nothing wrong, back home plugged in and still the same. Then i thought let me check the RF frequency. I had the TV on and moved the pvr UHF RF off 26. Wham bham, TSHWANE TV popped up. Just like that. Tshwane tv is one of those local tv stations just like soweto tv and Table TV from capetown which you need a terrestrial roof antenna to pick up on UHF.

Here is the link:
http://tshwane.tv/

So i am very exited, i have added two easyview packeges this morning on two old decoders of mine. Bought a multiswitch and the whole house will be happy, mom included and also the domestic servent...eish e.. e...And i am gonna take the roof antenna and drive over it a few times and throw it in the bin bended and gebreek. Astilla Vista Baby! Good reddens...

Last edited by hein; 2011-09-30 at 14:54. .
Old 2011-09-30 , 14:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian G View Post
@Hein or anyone else - please explain what this channel is?

How can it possibly be in use, only one channel off from CSN in PTA on ch.25 - is it maybe coming from another geograhic source? Anyone tried to get this further away (Jo'burg)?
on my system tshwane tv is channel setting on UHF 26, might differ elsewhere. Yeah, mine is snowy, so i have not tried to get it better, i am chucking my roof tin in the bin. Will wait for tswhane tv to go satellite...if they do.