Forum > DStv Forum Archive (12 May 2014) > Windows 7 64bit drifta via usb
Old 2011-08-11 , 14:36
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Default Windows 7 64bit drifta via usb

Hi all, my drifta via usb on win7 64bit edition win7 enterprise installs the package as per usual.

Wifi does work well and i can connect.

When trying to use the drifta via USB connection, the application replies unable to connect to decoder.

I have seen similar postings where win7 64bit does work. Unfortunately mine does not. , but i connect to my Wlan and not cable. And we all know in the windows environment with wifi, only one wifi adapter can be used at a time, not several.

Does anyone has a trick, tip, or some advise?

have a super day

br
hein
Quad LNB --> Own Dedicated 1.2meter steel dish--> HD-PVR Primary (RF Out) [pace] black + SD-PVR Secondary (RF In) XtraView Active, cabling 20meters Dish to Decoder, Ventilated, 0.5meter from SD-PVR same room, 1 Display Port connected only = HDMI, remote batteries FRESH
Old 2011-08-11 , 16:05

UPDATE:
So to counter win7 enterprise not liking this software, my connection to wifi stopped working as well, even did a restore point to windows, so, loading vmware player, installing XP on virtual environment, the USB connection works...and wifi not.

K, getting somewhere ( I like √ )with lots of effort. unlike x
Quad LNB --> Own Dedicated 1.2meter steel dish--> HD-PVR Primary (RF Out) [pace] black + SD-PVR Secondary (RF In) XtraView Active, cabling 20meters Dish to Decoder, Ventilated, 0.5meter from SD-PVR same room, 1 Display Port connected only = HDMI, remote batteries FRESH
Old 2011-08-11 , 16:36
Changes remote batteries hourly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hein View Post
UPDATE:
So to counter win7 enterprise not liking this software, my connection to wifi stopped working as well, even did a restore point to windows, so, loading vmware player, installing XP on virtual environment, the USB connection works...and wifi not.

K, getting somewhere ( I like √ )with lots of effort. unlike x
You need to reset the drifta device (in my experience) when switching between usb and wifi. There is alittle pin hole on the side.

G
Old 2011-08-11 , 17:09

yea, i have tried that as well.
Also found a way to connect it to USB and to have the wifi still enabled. there is a trick and wifi still works.

I managed to get my wifi working on win7. When i start the vpn to connect to my company's network, i loose the decoder connection. Obvious the silly vpn policy that denies local access to other devices. Some Cisco vpn client setting.
My USB connection still not working form the drifta recognizing the decoder, currently that idea in for panel beating. Will let you know the result...ciao..getting somewhere above water on land...
Old 2011-08-12 , 09:32
Changes remote batteries daily

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by hein View Post
Also found a way to connect it to USB and to have the wifi still enabled. there is a trick and wifi still works.
Can you then use it on two devices (USB and Wi-Fi) at the same time, or is it just charging via USB (like it does with the supplied USB AC charger) while connecting to another device via Wi-Fi?
Old 2011-08-12 , 09:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG View Post
Can you then use it on two devices (USB and Wi-Fi) at the same time, or is it just charging via USB (like it does with the supplied USB AC charger) while connecting to another device via Wi-Fi?

there is a few settings to windows networking, but yes, i was able to get it charging via USB and use the wifi to watch yesterday.