Old 2011-07-04 , 20:51
Still listens to the wireless

Angry Reruns

Why so many reruns House, Mentalist, NCIS and many more don't we pay enough to get new stuff
Old 2011-07-05 , 14:01
MultiChoice

@enezar - that is a bit of a general statement. Assume you are referring to Universal Channel on 108?

Also, can I recommend that you please read the FAQs at the top of the DStv SD channels thread, which will explain a bit more about content and how we acquire it.
Old 2011-07-05 , 16:04
Still gets up to change channels

@enezar - I feel your pain brother/sister. It's a bitter pill to swallow when you have to fork out more and more each year, yet you get less and less for your hard earned money.

When you eventually decide to check out the forums, there's always some snarky MC that can never give you a straight answer and will try and make YOU feel like an idiot for posting on a PUBLIC forum. Don't worry about that. You have a right to complain and on a forum, you have the opportunity to vent if needed.

Ask about the many reruns. Ask why we don't get shows like "The walking dead" or "Spartacus : blood and sand + gods of the arena". Ask why the EPG is sometimes so useless you cry from laughing so much. Ask why the ARC just doesn't work on a SD PVR.

Just be prepared to be disappointed and frustrated. As long as our subscription is paid up, right? Don't like it, leave it! --- You'll hear plenty of this...

So, I say "well done" to a fellow subscriber for joining the forum and exercising their right.
Old 2011-07-05 , 16:59
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by enezar View Post
Why so many reruns House, Mentalist, NCIS and many more don't we pay enough to get new stuff
Reruns are cheaper as supposed to getting shows like Sparticus or Camelot. Makes more sense to them to increase their revenue than to "give you so much more"
Old 2011-07-05 , 18:45

Default Yes your right

Quite right you only get a run around
Old 2011-07-05 , 18:50

Don't give me a run around all channels run the same stuff just look at house we back to season 1 and mentalist back to season 1 and NCIS
Old 2011-07-06 , 08:41
MultiChoice

@enezar - the reason why I asked you to which channels you are referring, is then I can get a comment from the channel concerned. MultiChoice does not schedule programming itself, we buy ready-made channels. However, we do have performance contracts in place with the channels which includes a maximum number of hours of repeats.

Most of the programmes you are referring to are on Universal Channel - 108. Are there any other channels which you also have concerns about regarding repeats?
Tags
reruns