Forum > DStv Forum Archive (12 May 2014) > Recurring technical problems & Service failures
Old 2011-05-26 , 12:58
Still listens to the wireless

Default Recurring technical problems & Service failures

DSTV’s HD PVR CatchUp has been plagued with technical problems since being launched. Some of the many problems listed on the DSTV.com forums include:-

•The actual programmes available on customers CatchUp menus do not correspond with the schedule of CatchUp programmes that are scheduled on the DSTV website. DSTV is not sticking to their CatchUp line up and add random programmes.
•Most days scheduled content hasn’t downloaded.
•Also, some programmes on CatchUp are titled incorrectly. For instance, a recent episode titled as Modern Family was in fact football highlights.
•I some cases a programme is available on CatchUp even before its live broadcast on DSTV.
•Quite often programmes on CatchUp are riddled with technical problems ranging programmes screened in SD instead of HD, incorrect aspect ratios, digital surround sound not available on the programmes, corrupted files downloaded and CatchUp content downloading on some and not all HD PVR decoder models.

The only feedback DSTV gives on their forums are excuses and apologies. “We are busy investigating the problem and will respond on the Forum as soon as we have feedback from our technicians. We apologise for the inconvenience caused. Kind regards, The DStv On Demand CatchUp team”. But these technical problems and service failures are recurring and unresolved.
Old 2011-06-03 , 14:30
MultiChoice

We appreciate the time taken to highlight your frustration with our DStv On Demand CatchUp service.
The points you have highlighted are valid concerns and we are aware of these issues that repeat from time-to-time. Although some of the problems that you are experiencing are caused by internal processes and systems, there are also those caused by external factors out of our hands and in addition, the quality of installation and volume of user recordings also has a direct impact on the CatchUp titles which become available.
We are continuously working on improving our processes and systems and are working closely with the content suppliers to ensure timeous delivery of your favourite shows.
Please be assured that we are not sitting back, but that we are aggressively tackling the issues at hand so that we can improve the offering. Immediate change may not be visible, but a lot is being done behind the scenes.
Don’t forget, there is also a larger CatchUp offering online – for more info and to see the latest content available go to : http://ondemand.dstv.com/

The DStv On Demand CatchUp team
Old 2011-06-03 , 21:27
Has to hide the DStv remote from the little one.

When the online one works, mine hasn't worked since day 1
Old 2011-06-03 , 22:11
Knows how to use a remote

Besides, correct me if I'm wrong, but if I want to use the online DSTV on Demand, then I have to download a program off your website, correct? And it expires after 7 days.

Well, I only have so much data available to me every month on my various (yes, I used the word various) internet data suppliers and I just can't afford to waste it downloading a program (or even streaming it) that I don't get to keep.

So my Demand on my decoder is my only option and I would very much appreciate it if you could sort out just some of the problems you've been experiencing lately.

I depend on that Demand service and right now, it's not being very dependable.
Old 2011-06-04 , 00:17
Changes remote batteries hourly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesistt View Post
Besides, correct me if I'm wrong, but if I want to use the online DSTV on Demand, then I have to download a program off your website, correct? And it expires after 7 days.

Well, I only have so much data available to me every month on my various (yes, I used the word various) internet data suppliers and I just can't afford to waste it downloading a program (or even streaming it) that I don't get to keep.

So my Demand on my decoder is my only option and I would very much appreciate it if you could sort out just some of the problems you've been experiencing lately.

I depend on that Demand service and right now, it's not being very dependable.
Demand on decoder content also expires after 7 days and is not kept.

Expiry is content license driven and an international trend

G
Old 2011-06-04 , 11:41
Still gets up to change channels

Cool

Dude who cares about licencing terms and agreements.... What about our terms and agreements. Why must we pay again to download stuff from internet when we pay subscriptions to view via our decoders. Mc is becoming full of nonsense and getting away with it. Someone needs to take them to the cleaners as they are clearly not delivering what they promising. To quick to blame installation faults or dodgy decoders as an excuse to take the heat away from MC. My suggestion to MC is to grow a backbone and start to deliver what us customers are paying for. Hopefully soon there will be a decent opposition with a decent product.
Primary decoder - HD PVR 4 Tuner, Secondary decoder SD PVR, Primary tv samsung 42" plasma via HDMI and RF input from slx 4 splitter fed via t-piece on heartbeat cable. HDMI via yamaha amp nice noise!!!
Old 2011-06-05 , 11:17
Changes remote batteries daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by garethley View Post
Dude who cares about licencing terms and agreements.... What about our terms and agreements. Why must we pay again to download stuff from internet when we pay subscriptions to view via our decoders. Mc is becoming full of nonsense and getting away with it. Someone needs to take them to the cleaners as they are clearly not delivering what they promising. To quick to blame installation faults or dodgy decoders as an excuse to take the heat away from MC. My suggestion to MC is to grow a backbone and start to deliver what us customers are paying for. Hopefully soon there will be a decent opposition with a decent product.
Although perhaps a bit harsh there is truth in the above statement. We are paying MULTICHOICE for the service and if ON DEMAND is one of the services that THEY are providing to us, whether directly or through a third party, THEY are the ones taking OUR money and as such are providing the service to US. We should then be receiving the correct ON DEMAND programmes timeously and not as apparently is happening in the quote above. Although I have internet access I too do not have the data available to stream video or live sports games off the web. If I had sufficient data available to do this then I probably wouldn't bother with Multichoice and would obtain ALL my entertainment from off the web.