Forum > Service Queries > Service Queries > Waiting for communication from Primary Decoder
Closed Thread
Old 2011-05-10 , 15:43
Still listens to the wireless

Unhappy Waiting for communication from Primary Decoder

My problems started after I moved from my previous address to a new address. After 3days I got a message saying waiting for communication from primary decoder. I called Multichoice (29/04/2011), I spent an hour on the phone till I get cut off, without my problem being resolved. I called again for more than an hour again till tell the consultant that I can no longer hold for this amount of time while he is busy investigating. He said he is escalating my problem heíll come back to me. Fortunately another consultant called but still my problem was not resolved. To my surprise the following day I did see the picture on my second TV and was pleased that my problem was resolved. Regrettably I was sent a bill of R903.60, I called again (6/5/2011) that the reason I am having to decoders I have HD PVR, but because on it I canít watch a second TV, so I canít be charged twice(separately). I did explain that I am calling from a public phone, as I have exhausted all my money trying to solved the problem. The guy did explain that it is not their policy to phone people back, but heíll escalate it (this was for the third time I was told about the word escalation). I had to ask for reference (76510239) so that it can be easy to follow up...This morning (9/5/2011) my services were suspended. I had No money to call them after having spent amount equal to the Dstv premium despite downgrading to compact in order to enjoy the cheaper services. Why do we have to spent so much amount of money on telephone, being on hold, and your problem not being solved. Every time I call Multichoice my bill increases, it is now Standing at more than R1000,00.Please help.
Old 2011-05-10 , 21:20
MultiChoice | Customer Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramingo View Post
My problems started after I moved from my previous address to a new address. After 3days I got a message saying waiting for communication from primary decoder. I called Multichoice (29/04/2011), I spent an hour on the phone till I get cut off, without my problem being resolved. I called again for more than an hour again till tell the consultant that I can no longer hold for this amount of time while he is busy investigating. He said he is escalating my problem heíll come back to me. Fortunately another consultant called but still my problem was not resolved. To my surprise the following day I did see the picture on my second TV and was pleased that my problem was resolved. Regrettably I was sent a bill of R903.60, I called again (6/5/2011) that the reason I am having to decoders I have HD PVR, but because on it I canít watch a second TV, so I canít be charged twice(separately). I did explain that I am calling from a public phone, as I have exhausted all my money trying to solved the problem. The guy did explain that it is not their policy to phone people back, but heíll escalate it (this was for the third time I was told about the word escalation). I had to ask for reference (76510239) so that it can be easy to follow up...This morning (9/5/2011) my services were suspended. I had No money to call them after having spent amount equal to the Dstv premium despite downgrading to compact in order to enjoy the cheaper services. Why do we have to spent so much amount of money on telephone, being on hold, and your problem not being solved. Every time I call Multichoice my bill increases, it is now Standing at more than R1000,00.Please help.
Hi Ramingo,

Please PM your account details to myself or MC Manti so that we can investigate the matter further. On XtraView calls, there is a team that will call back, so I will also check what happened there, since you have only received one call so far. In order for the XtraView billing to kick in, XtraView needs to be activated on the account, and if the decoders are disconnected and reconnected after some time, you will receive a 'waiting for communication' error. The two separate subscription fees will kick in if your XtraView network is broken for any reason on our systems.

However, we will conduct a full investigation, and provide you with feedback.
Old 2011-05-11 , 10:03
Still listens to the wireless

Default Account Details

The reason I say they said they'll call back they said They are escalating the call according to multichoice language. Here is my Customer No 45804576. Because after spending a long time on the phone, You find that they were unable to help me.
Closed Thread