Forum > DStv Forum Archive (12 May 2014) > DStv Products > HD PVR > Sound sync out with new LG 3D LED TV
Old 2011-04-04 , 15:21
Still listens to the wireless

Default Sound sync out with new LG 3D LED TV

This last weekend I replaced a LOGIK LCD TV with a shiney new LG 3D LED one.

The TV is connected to the HDPVR via a HDMI cable, and the audio is connected from the HDPVR to my sound system. (Using the red/white RCA plugs) This worked fine with the old TV but now I'm getting a lag between the 'lips moving' and the sound. The 'lips' are behind the sound!

Any suggestions? I know there is a sync setting on the HDPVR but its looks like you can only advance the sound and not retard the sound - which is what im looking for.

If I used the sound on the TV (thats coming via the HDMI cable) its all ok.

Could the LED TV be 'slowing' down the video image (and sound?) and by using the RCA's direct to the sound system
Im loosing the sync?

IF.... I connected the AUDIO OUT from the TV to the sound system, this could work, but would I loose the 5.1 due to the HDMI connection?

Confused.... ???

Thanks all
Old 2011-04-04 , 15:36
Changes remote batteries daily

you will not even maximize your surround output with RCA... why not go optical or digital coaxial?

give it all you got today
Old 2011-04-04 , 15:52
Changes remote batteries daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rello View Post
The TV is connected to the HDPVR via a HDMI cable, and the audio is connected from the HDPVR to my sound system. (Using the red/white RCA plugs) This worked fine with the old TV but now I'm getting a lag between the 'lips moving' and the sound. The 'lips' are behind the sound!

Any suggestions? I know there is a sync setting on the HDPVR but its looks like you can only advance the sound and not retard the sound - which is what im looking for.

If I used the sound on the TV (thats coming via the HDMI cable) its all ok.

Could the LED TV be 'slowing' down the video image (and sound?) and by using the RCA's direct to the sound system
Im loosing the sync?

IF.... I connected the AUDIO OUT from the TV to the sound system, this could work, but would I loose the 5.1 due to the HDMI connection?
You can't get 5.1 through the red and white cables. I suggest that you connect your PVR to your sound system using a digital connection (Coax/optical).

As to the delay, this is generally caused by video processing which takes time so that the sound occurs before the picture. This should be solved by the delay setting on the PVR or by reducing the video processing selections on your TV.