Old 2011-03-12 , 09:08
Still listens to the wireless

Default HD PVR HDMI output not working

Hi all
When I switch my input to HDMI on the TV the HD PVR decoder flashes the folowing signal ,with no picture.
hdcp dcp cpi p15 which then flashes continuasly and the only way to reset it is to switch off.
This has happend recently and was working fine before, any ideas or should I rather get a technician out?
Old 2011-03-12 , 09:39
Changes remote batteries hourly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardk View Post
Hi all
When I switch my input to HDMI on the TV the HD PVR decoder flashes the folowing signal ,with no picture.
hdcp dcp cpi p15 which then flashes continuasly and the only way to reset it is to switch off.
This has happend recently and was working fine before, any ideas or should I rather get a technician out?
The message is HDCP IS NOT SUPPORTED. Search the forum as there is a lot of info on this. G
Old 2011-03-12 , 10:25
Changes remote batteries daily

Quote:
Hi all
You don't give us much info with which to help you, richard; though not a regular poster you have been a member for a long time, so I guess you've seen the pleas from the regulars re. the provision of lots of background info.

Anyway welcome to posting

What type of PVR? (The Pace 4-Tuner (black) is highly prone to this sort of problem.)

Has anything changed? Different TV, moved the equipment? or has this just started in its own?

'Proper' Internationally branded TV manufacturer (Sony, Samsung, LG etc.) or branded Chinese junk (Hi-Sense, P-Vision, Hoki-koki 2000 etc.)

Please provide the above info; also test the TV with a different HDMI input, when being fed from the PVR and tell us if the fault is still there?

If problem still there you should try a different HDMI cable, too.

Then report back on all the above.

Cheers, K.

Last edited by Sandtonman; 2011-03-12 at 10:48. .
Old 2011-03-12 , 11:03

Thanks Guys
TV is LG and has not changed , I have had external cameras powersupply blown due to lightning as well as gates etc so perhaps this is due to lightning?
I will try a new cable and see
Old 2011-03-12 , 11:29

Sorry forgot to mention that the decoder is pace black 4 tuner
Old 2011-03-12 , 11:38

Quote:
Thanks Guys
TV is LG and has not changed , I have had external cameras powersupply blown due to lightning as well as gates etc so perhaps this is due to lightning?
it's Possible, yes if it happened at the same time as the other stuff was blown and is a hard fault. i.e. always happens, unable to view via HDMI.

If so then it's likely to be the HDMI port on the TV or the Pace (or quite possibly Both). Unlikey to be the cable with the extra storm info you have given us.

Do the elimiation I suggested in my first post. Also try a known good device such as a Blu-ray player or PS-3 on the same TV HDMI port on which the Pace does not work. These tests will enable you to locate the fault(s). Cheers, K.

ps If you have comprehensive house contents insurance, all the stuff that was nailed is covered as a single event (i.e. one claim) k.

Last edited by Sandtonman; 2011-03-12 at 11:42. .
Old 2011-03-12 , 11:39
Technical Myriad

Quote:
Thanks Guys
HDMI interfaces are very prone to static and lightning damage, so it is possible that there is damage on either the TV or the decoder or both
Old 2011-03-12 , 15:16

Ok I connected my computer to the TV in question and nothing, so I presume that the HDMI on the TV is KAPUT.
I have other TVs and the computer works fine on the HDMI input.
I still have to check the Decoder with another TV, been watching the cricket so will do this tomorrow , quite some comeback from SA hey

Thanks again

PS I can still watch through the TV input but then the picture is not HD is it? it does not look like it.
Old 2011-03-12 , 16:54
Technical Myriad

Quote:
Ok I connected my computer to the TV in question and nothing, so I presume that the HDMI on the TV is KAPUT.
I have other TVs and the computer works fine on the HDMI input.
I still have to check the Decoder with another TV, been watching the cricket so will do this tomorrow , quite some comeback from SA hey

Thanks again

PS I can still watch through the TV input but then the picture is not HD is it? it does not look like it.
correct all the other inputs are SD quality
Old 2011-03-12 , 18:08

Smile

Quote:
Ok I connected my computer to the TV in question and nothing, so I presume that the HDMI on the TV is KAPUT. YES
I have other TVs and the computer works fine on the HDMI input. ABOVE CONFIRMED

.......I still have to check the Decoder with another TV.... YES
You just need to test the PVR's HDMI output as stated. Cheers, K.