Forum > DStv Forum Archive (12 May 2014) > DStv Mobile for Android

Old 2011-01-21 , 16:54
AKA Gadgenator (Changes remote batteries daily)

Thumbs up DStv Mobile for Android

DStv Mobile tweeted on Twitter that DVB-H will be available for Android devices in April 2011. To watch DStv Mobile with the DRIFTA decoder. That is also maybe when we will get a DStv Guide for Android.

I'm excited and can't wait! DStv is really expanding a lot with Television!!

DStv, when you still develope the DStv Guide or app. Can you maybe try adding a reminder or autotune reminder for phones.
Old 2011-01-23 , 09:59
Has to hide the DStv remote from the little one.

whats really crappy is that , ipad , and iphone users get free till end of march, the reset of us users, on bb, and android, will have to pay
Old 2011-01-23 , 11:21

But if you are a DStv subscriber, you get this service for free till March 2012. That "till March 2011" is for non DStv Premium or Compact subscribers
Old 2011-01-23 , 12:00
Changes remote batteries hourly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanj View Post
whats really crappy is that , ipad , and iphone users get free till end of march, the reset of us users, on bb, and android, will have to pay
It is available on PC and some Nokia's. They still rolling out the network, hence why it is free. I think it us great to give the product out now rather than waiting till the network coverage is sufficient. We hope they continue to grow it.

G
Old 2011-01-23 , 12:34

Me too. Here in Margate their is no coverage. But in Durban only.
Old 2011-01-23 , 13:11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
Me too. Here in Margate their is no coverage. But in Durban only.
I'm sure they'll sort out Margate soon enough - it is a very popular holiday destination. Maybe by year end is even possible.
Old 2011-01-24 , 11:50
MultiChoice | DStv Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
DStv Mobile tweeted on Twitter that DVB-H will be available for Android devices in April 2011. To watch DStv Mobile with the DRIFTA decoder. That is also maybe when we will get a DStv Guide for Android.

I'm excited and can't wait! DStv is really expanding a lot with Television!!

DStv, when you still develope the DStv Guide or app. Can you maybe try adding a reminder or autotune reminder for phones.
Glad to hear you can't wait. I'll pass on your advice (re the reminder) to our development team.
Old 2011-01-24 , 12:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanj View Post
DStv subscribers on a Compact or Premium bouquet will not pay for Drifta subscription until 01 April 2012, regardless of whether they are using an iPhone or Blackberry etc.
Old 2011-01-24 , 12:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobble View Post
I'm sure they'll sort out Margate soon enough - it is a very popular holiday destination. Maybe by year end is even possible.
There is maintence happening in and around the Durban area. Each DVB-H tower will be affected for a maximum of two days.
Old 2011-01-24 , 12:53
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Maiyo View Post
There is maintence happening in and around the Durban area. Each DVB-H tower will be affected for a maximum of two days.
Thanks Maiyo, but Margate doesn't have a Drifta signal yet, so this is not about a maintenance issue.

Or are you maybe saying that they're currently doing some expanding work along with their maintenance?...