Old 2011-01-08 , 15:50
Changes remote batteries daily

Default How to contact Multichoice Call Centre?

I have just called Multichoice on 031 710 2222.

A transcript of the call follows (also available in audio .wav format):

Me: <Dialing 031 710 2222>
Multichoice IVR: Please key in your smartcard or ID number now...followed by the hash key.
Me: <Enters SmartCard Number followed by hash key>
Multichoice IVR: Let me transfer you to a consultant for further assistance. If you'd like to give us feedback on Multichoice and the consultant you are going to speak to please ask to be put through to the customer survey after the survey. Please note: This call may be recorded.

Now at this point the Multichoice consultant named Sandele immediately answers. Very good response time. Almost immediate, maybe 3/4 seconds. Excellent. He asks me for the account ID number. After this is given to him. He says I need to go through to the XtraView department. He instructs me to call again and select the XtraView Option from the IVR. I advise him there is no XtraView Option given by the IVR. I ask him to transfer me. He says he is unable to transfer me. He says I must call again and then select the XtraView option. I advise him there is no XtraView Option given by the IVR. I ask him to transfer me. He says he is unable to transfer me. He says I must call again and then select the XtraView option. I advise him there is no XtraView Option given by the IVR. I ask him to transfer me. He says he is unable to transfer me. He says I must call again and then select the XtraView option.

There is no logical call progression as we have reached a stalemate. The Multichoice IVR does not offer an XtraView Option. (I have a .wav audio file which shows no such option is offered). The Multichoice consultant is unable to transfer me. If one calls again, then the call should logically go the same way, right? As there is no XtraView option and the Multichoice consultant is unable to transfer the call, right?

Wrong. I call again. Same procedure, Portia answers. She says she is able to transfer a call. I go back to Sandele on line2 and ask him why he cannot transfer the call but Portia can. He says some consultants can transfer calls while some can't.

I feel very sorry for the rest of your XtraView customers. They are not provided with any XtraView IVR option. 50%, 60%, 80% of calls must go to one of the consultants that cannot transfer the call to XtraView consultants. You could also theoretically call twice, three times or more and keep reaching a consultant who cannot transfer the call.

Naspers today reported an 18% increase in revenue to R15.8 billion for the six months ended 30 September 2010.

This is not small change. Surely some funds could be allocated to upgrade the call centre to either a) offer the XtraView caller option via the IVR or b) upgrade all Multichoice call centre consultants to transfer-enabled devices?

Until such time it will remain an annoying, frustrating experience which wastes customer time and airtime.
Old 2011-01-09 , 16:32
Still listens to the wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKong View Post

Multichoice IVR: Please key in your smartcard or ID number now...followed by the hash key.
Multichoice IVR: Let me transfer you to a consultant for further assistance. If you'd like to give us feedback on Multichoice and the consultant you are going to speak to please ask to be put through to the customer survey after the survey. Please note: This call may be recorded.

Now at this point the Multichoice consultant named Sandele immediately answers. Very good response time. Almost immediate, maybe 3/4 seconds. Excellent. He asks me for the account ID number. After this is given to him. He says I need to go through to the XtraView department. He instructs me to call again and select the XtraView Option from the IVR. I advise him there is no XtraView Option given by the IVR. I ask him to transfer me. He says he is unable to transfer me. He says I must call again and then select the XtraView option. I advise him there is no XtraView Option given by the IVR. I ask him to transfer me. He says he is unable to transfer me. He says I must call again and then select the XtraView option. I advise him there is no XtraView Option given by the IVR. I ask him to transfer me. He says he is unable to transfer me. He says I must call again and then select the XtraView option.

There is no logical call progression as we have reached a stalemate. The Multichoice IVR does not offer an XtraView Option. (I have a .wav audio file which shows no such option is offered). The Multichoice consultant is unable to transfer me. If one calls again, then the call should logically go the same way, right? As there is no XtraView option and the Multichoice consultant is unable to transfer the call, right?

Wrong. I call again. Same procedure, Portia answers. She says she is able to transfer a call. I go back to Sandele on line2 and ask him why he cannot transfer the call but Portia can. He says some consultants can transfer calls while some can't.

I feel very sorry for the rest of your XtraView customers. They are not provided with any XtraView IVR option. 50%, 60%, 80% of calls must go to one of the consultants that cannot transfer the call to XtraView consultants. You could also theoretically call twice, three times or more and keep reaching a consultant who cannot transfer the call.

Naspers today reported an 18% increase in revenue to R15.8 billion for the six months ended 30 September 2010.

This is not small change. Surely some funds could be allocated to upgrade the call centre to either a) offer the XtraView caller option via the IVR or b) upgrade all Multichoice call centre consultants to transfer-enabled devices?

Until such time it will remain an annoying, frustrating experience which wastes customer time and airtime.
There is an option in IVR for Xtraview. Press 1 followed by 3, than # three times after that wait for three beeps press 12345678 within 1 sec, if you have done this correctly it will beep twice, if not start over. Once the second beep has sounded press *#469#, wait, wait a little more and some more then press 911# than press 8 wait for female voice to confirm your inputs, if the inputs are correct press # to continue onto Xtraview call centre, easy hey
Old 2011-01-10 , 10:33
Changes remote batteries daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgar View Post
There is an option in IVR for Xtraview. Press 1 followed by 3, than # three times after that wait for three beeps press 12345678 within 1 sec, if you have done this correctly it will beep twice, if not start over. Once the second beep has sounded press *#469#, wait, wait a little more and some more then press 911# than press 8 wait for female voice to confirm your inputs, if the inputs are correct press # to continue onto Xtraview call centre, easy hey
You ARE kidding, right!?
Old 2011-01-10 , 10:45
Still has yet to deposit the money for the SD PVR he took off Sandtonman under false pretenses.
Has fulfilled all the requirements to be called a thief.

its so annoying when one has to call a Call centre, you should have at last R45.00 worth the airtime to have a conversation with MC Call Centre.

they should consider changing it, with more user friendly option, we don't want to hear DSTV marketing, cause we have Channel 100 for that.
Old 2011-01-10 , 14:38
MultiChoice | Customer Care

Quote:

Hi,

Technically speaking, once you have input your id number or smartcard number (although we still have customers with no id number on our database - this was prior to id's becoming mandatory for all transactions), the IVR is supposed to check if you are an XtraView customer or not, and then give you an option at that point to speak to an XtraView agent.

Also, ALL csr's have the ability to transfer calls, so we will reiterate the process to our entire Call Centre.

In the meantime, we will test the XtraView option on the IVR again, and we will institute any corrections that may be required.

Please accept our apologies for the quality of service received.

Regards
Natasha
Old 2011-01-10 , 16:21
Changes remote batteries hourly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCA CCS Natasha View Post
Hi,

Technically speaking, once you have input your id number or smartcard number (although we still have customers with no id number on our database - this was prior to id's becoming mandatory for all transactions), the IVR is supposed to check if you are an XtraView customer or not, and then give you an option at that point to speak to an XtraView agent.

Also, ALL csr's have the ability to transfer calls, so we will reiterate the process to our entire Call Centre.

In the meantime, we will test the XtraView option on the IVR again, and we will institute any corrections that may be required.

Please accept our apologies for the quality of service received.

Regards
Natasha
Natasha

Should Xtraview be a permanent option, eg. if someone wants to activate it on the account.

G
Old 2011-01-10 , 19:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwalker View Post
Natasha

Should Xtraview be a permanent option, eg. if someone wants to activate it on the account.

G
Hey G,

You're right - we're looking into fixing this asap!
Old 2011-01-11 , 10:39
Knows how to use a remote

Question

Quote:
Quote:
He asks me for the account ID number.
My question is, if you have to enter your smartcard or ID number, why when you get through to the consultant do you have to give it again? Surely in the 21st Century it should automatically bring your account up for the consultant as soon as you are connected to them??

When I call my insurance from my cell number the human bean on the other side immediately greets me by name because they recognise my number.
Old 2011-01-11 , 21:11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greggles View Post
My question is, if you have to enter your smartcard or ID number, why when you get through to the consultant do you have to give it again? Surely in the 21st Century it should automatically bring your account up for the consultant as soon as you are connected to them??

When I call my insurance from my cell number the human bean on the other side immediately greets me by name because they recognise my number.
I asked someone that once when I came across the same situation at another call centre (not MC) and was told they hadn't implemented the function on their system yet. Then had the same situation with them many months later. Just inefficiency in getting things done I recon.
Old 2011-01-12 , 10:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greggles View Post

Hi,

Yes this is 'screenpop' technology, but it is not that easy to integrate our ACD with our business system - we tried to implement it last year, and the success was limited - we're aiming to try to get this back in sometime this year.