Forum > Decoders > PVR Decoders > Catch Up Plus Slow Streaming
Old 2016-05-11 , 14:13
Still listens to the wireless
Default Catch Up Plus Slow Streaming

Nearly every time I try to watch a Catch Up Plus title, I get severe playback issues. Sometimes playback pauses within seconds of starting and then I can see the buffer indicator moving ever so slowly. Even if I let it buffer a quarter of the video, playback will still catch up with it before the show ends. It is so bad, that we've all but given up on watching a CUP title without downloading it first.

Now before you tell me to upgrade my Internet connection: I have an 8 Mbps ADSL connection, with a router in the room where both my Explora and XBox are located. Both of these are directly connected to the router with Ethernet cables.

I mention the XBox, because I use it to watch Netflix and hardly ever have playback degradation (despite streaming at a full 1080p). And I can do this while other people in the house are also streaming Netflix or YouTube at the same time.

So is it likely that my decoder is faulty, or is this the expected performance on an 8 Mb line?
Old 2016-06-24 , 21:09
Still listens to the wireless
I have the same problem.

And I have a 100mb line.

Some programs steam fine, but some take more than an hour to download.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Old 2016-06-27 , 11:09
Can I ask both of you to please PM me your details and how you are accessing the service eg your ISP and line speed. Then I can pass that on to the DStv Now team to sort you out.
catchup +, explora, internet, slow