Forum > Value Added Services > DStv Catch Up > Subtitles on CatchUp and BoxOffice
Old 2016-08-15 , 08:50
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

I am so hoping they put subtitles on Mr Robot, the kid muffles his words and i cant hear a thing.
Old 2016-08-15 , 10:13
MultiChoice

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermo View Post
Thank you Marietjie,

Well that is some great news!!

Will definitely check it out this month!

Something else regarding the Express from the US not having subtitles: I can understand why and I respect that, but what I do have issues with is when I record a season, I have no control over when the next episode is recorded. Often I have found that it records the Express from US version, and then there is no subtitles. I cannot force it to record the later episode that will always have subtitles.

This has often lead to frustration and depending on how far behind I was when I discovered the error, I had to find the missing episodes elsewhere through other medium.

Is there a way users can control the recording of a season and force specific timeslots?
Hi there - best thing to do then is to set a time based recording for the particular timeslot.
Old 2016-08-15 , 10:31
Changes remote batteries hourly

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock4us2 View Post
I am so hoping they put subtitles on Mr Robot, the kid muffles his words and i cant hear a thing.
Not really related, but yes it is useful for other viewers as well for reasons like this.
The poor speaking habits of some actors has been discussed a few times before. One solution some of us have found works is to then use headphones, makes understanding garbled speech a lot easier
Old 2016-08-15 , 11:58
Changes remote batteries daily

Would've been nice on all the Rocky movies of the past
100/50 Fibre (OpenServe/AH Capped)
------------------------------------------
DSD1110 in holiday mode
DSTV Mobile via Drifta WiFi (S5& iPad)
Old 2016-08-15 , 13:31
Knows how to use a remote

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Marietjie View Post
Hi there - best thing to do then is to set a time based recording for the particular timeslot.
Ok, not ideal, but I'll give it a try. The problem with this approach is that a future season of the same series may be missed as the time based recording could be deleted between these seasons if you don't want to record whatever is broadcast between these seasons. Or if the future season is broadcast on another timeslot than the first season.
Old 2016-08-15 , 14:01
MultiChoice

Pls remember that your series recording also would not pick up a future season - it only records the current season. That is why it is good to subscribe to our email newsletter, so you're kept up to date with returning and new seasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tags
boxoffice, catchup, deaf, explora, subtitles