Forum > DStv Forum Archive (12 May 2014) > Catchup on Ipad not working

Old 2014-04-01 , 12:48
Still listens to the wireless

Default Catchup on Ipad not working

I am hoping someone could help me. I have been watching game of thrones on the ipad via Catchup for about two weeks. A week ago it stopped working - I continuously get the following message: CWS error 0x00001013. I have phoned to the call centre countless times, but they just say they cannot help me and that I must email my query. Which I have done and still not received response, now 5days later. In the meantime I cannot watch anything on my iPad via catchup. Please help.
Old 2014-04-01 , 13:34
MultiChoice

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlzeP View Post
I am hoping someone could help me. I have been watching game of thrones on the ipad via Catchup for about two weeks. A week ago it stopped working - I continuously get the following message: CWS error 0x00001013. I have phoned to the call centre countless times, but they just say they cannot help me and that I must email my query. Which I have done and still not received response, now 5days later. In the meantime I cannot watch anything on my iPad via catchup. Please help.
Hi IlzeP,

Welcome to the forum .

We'll do our best to help you. I'll forward your query directly to the product team for assistance.

As soon as I hear anything I'll let you know.

MC Nic.
Old 2014-04-01 , 13:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Nic View Post
Hi IlzeP,

Welcome to the forum .

We'll do our best to help you. I'll forward your query directly to the product team for assistance.

As soon as I hear anything I'll let you know.

MC Nic.

Thanks so much, I am at wits end here!!
Old 2014-04-02 , 08:49

Smile

Is there any luck here yet in helping me?

Attached are 2 screenshots indicating error.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ipad screenshot1 (600x800).jpg (39.5 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg ipad screenshot2 (600x800).jpg (166.8 KB, 9 views)
Old 2014-04-02 , 09:14
MultiChoice

Quote:
Is there any luck here yet in helping me?

Attached are 2 screenshots indicating error.
Hi IlzeP,

I got a response from the support team, saying they replied to your e-mail (the @501.co.za address) on 30 March, saying that you linked more than one smartcard to your profile and that your profile was incomplete.

They say that they rectified that issue.

The screenshots you posted above, are they for the same video or different videos? Can you tell me which specific videos you're having problems with? Have you retried today at all?

Thanks

MC Nic.
Old 2014-04-02 , 09:26

Smile

hi there.
they replied last night only for the first time after I escalated it with call centre. I did not change anything on my profile for the time it was working, watching two weeks non-stop. when it all of a sudden gave problems I did log into my profile to see what was going on - we do have two smartcards on our profile because we have the HD Pvr and then Dual View Decoder. All the email said was that they reset the accounts and I should log in again. It is still giving me the same error - my screenshots are from this morning. Nothing on catch up will play, I have tried various other episodes of different series, continuously getting the same error message. Something must have gone wrong somewhere - at the time it stopped working, I hadn't logged in to change or update any details. I only went into the profile afterwards to see if everything was in order - by then it had not worked anyway.
Old 2014-04-02 , 09:31
MultiChoice

Quote:
hi there.
they replied last night only for the first time after I escalated it with call centre. I did not change anything on my profile for the time it was working, watching two weeks non-stop. when it all of a sudden gave problems I did log into my profile to see what was going on - we do have two smartcards on our profile because we have the HD Pvr and then Dual View Decoder. All the email said was that they reset the accounts and I should log in again. It is still giving me the same error - my screenshots are from this morning. Nothing on catch up will play, I have tried various other episodes of different series, continuously getting the same error message. Something must have gone wrong somewhere - at the time it stopped working, I hadn't logged in to change or update any details. I only went into the profile afterwards to see if everything was in order - by then it had not worked anyway.
Okay, thanks for the detailed update. I've asked the product manager to personally follow up for you. As soon as I get feedback I'll let you know.

Cheers

MC Nic.
Old 2014-04-02 , 11:22
MultiChoice

Default Update

Hi again IlzeP,

Good news is that our techs seem to have identified the problem and it's not just you affected.

Bad news is that we don't have an exact ETA on the fix but they're working on it now.

I know it's not ideal, but you can still watch Catch Up online on the Catch Up website (www.dstv.com/catchup) until we can fix it.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

MC Nic.
Old 2014-04-02 , 11:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Nic View Post
Hi again IlzeP,

Good news is that our techs seem to have identified the problem and it's not just you affected.

Bad news is that we don't have an exact ETA on the fix but they're working on it now.

I know it's not ideal, but you can still watch Catch Up online on the Catch Up website (www.dstv.com/catchup) until we can fix it.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

MC Nic.

Thanks so much. Fingers crossed that it be soon! Thanks for your support, will update when resolved.
Old 2014-04-07 , 09:35

Quote:
Thanks so much. Fingers crossed that it be soon! Thanks for your support, will update when resolved.
Morning MC Nic!
Just to let you know I have no luck yet on the problem - I get emails from dstv support, but it seems everytime someone new reads the email, they see it as a new problem and not as an identified problem... I am thus still getting the error messages, and no luck yet for viewing on ipad.

Tags
catchup, cws error, ipad