Forum > Decoders > PVR Decoders > Explora Trade In Offers
Old 2017-09-16 , 10:06
Still listens to the wireless

Default Explora Trade In Offers

I took an SD PVR into the DSTV desk at Makro woodmead to take advantage of the trade in offer. When the consultant looked up the details of the decoder, I was reminded that the decoder was actually my father's who passed away quite a few years ago. As executor of the estate I had cancelled his dstv but hadnt done anything about the decoder. The consultant was not particarly helpful and said the decoder was listed as scrapped. I replied that clearly the decoder had not been scrapped because it still worked and was right in fron of him. They were not interested in helping me any further and only when I insisted did they suggest I go to the dstv walk in service centre. I dont want to waste my time so would like to know whether someone at the service centre will help me. If dstv is unwilling to do a trade in then I am not interested in getting the explora at this time.
Old 2017-09-18 , 12:59
MultiChoice

Hi there. The trade in deals are only for decoders that are currently active on the DStv service. So if you've been keeping this one in a cupboard, you won't qualify for a trade in. The idea is to help customers update their current set up.
Old 2017-09-18 , 14:02

The decoder has been active for many years and is part of my current viewing environment linked to an hd pvr decoder. As mentioned in my previous thread, the decoder was in the name of my deceased father Please confirm then that you will accept it as a trade-in for your Expora deals?
Old 2017-09-18 , 14:21
MultiChoice

Hi, Please can you inbox me the smartcard number of the decoder together with your contact details and I'll ask someone to assist you.
Old 2017-09-18 , 14:24
Changes remote batteries daily

Apart from the ownership issue (which might be causing all this trouble and I guess you'll have to present proof) , surely if it's part of your setup it will show up as active on the system.
40Mb VDSL (ISP AH Capped Unshaped)
------------------------------------------
DSD1110 in holiday mode
DSTV Mobile via Drifta WiFi (S5& iPad)
Old 2017-09-18 , 14:30
Changes remote batteries hourly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke7777 View Post
...surely if it's part of your setup it will show up as active on the system.
With these older decoders it's easy to marry to your own smartcard with a self help E17 clearance. The problem is when it has to be physically dealt with, the decoder itself will have remained in the deceased's name - but MC usually make a plan with such relatives related problems on the forum.
Old 2017-09-26 , 13:40
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by predshaw View Post
The decoder has been active for many years and is part of my current viewing environment linked to an hd pvr decoder. As mentioned in my previous thread, the decoder was in the name of my deceased father Please confirm then that you will accept it as a trade-in for your Expora deals?
Hi predshaw

Sorry to keep you waiting.

Kindly inbox me your DStv customer number so I can access your account and assist accordingly.
Old 2017-10-01 , 19:49

Dear MC Brenda/MC Marietjie

Despite having two MCs on this issue I have yet to have had any meaningful correspondence/progress on this issue....
Old 2017-10-02 , 09:07
MultiChoice

Did you send your details to MC Grace as she requested?
Old 2017-10-12 , 13:24
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by predshaw View Post
Dear MC Brenda/MC Marietjie

Despite having two MCs on this issue I have yet to have had any meaningful correspondence/progress on this issue....
Hi predshaw

I did receive your PM and have responded to it as well.