Forum > Decoders > PVR Decoders > New Software on the Explora (STICKY!!!)
Old 2017-09-02 , 14:13
Changes remote batteries daily

I see the DDD (sic) logo still littering the user interface. P
Old 2017-09-03 , 21:42
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Did anyone lose downloads and also their entire download history as a result of this new software update?

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk
Old 2017-09-04 , 13:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermeric1 View Post
Did anyone lose downloads and also their entire download history as a result of this new software update?
Yes (I did), there is a whole thread on the subject and MC says they hope to have the issue resolved in the next release.
90cm dish; LMX502 ; Explora as Primary in lounge, HD-PVR2 in flat; XV heartbeat via RF outs; Samsung 60LED7000 via HDMI and Sony 42" 576p panel via composite; Flat has 32" Hi-Sense. Denon AVRX1100 configured for 5.1; Sony BluRay; WD media player; All using HDMI/optical/coax.
Old 2017-09-04 , 14:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisvdh View Post
Yes (I did), there is a whole thread on the subject and MC says they hope to have the issue resolved in the next release.
Thanks for the response but this is now the SECOND time I've lost all my downloads. The first was in July and now last week again. I asked if anybody lost their downloads as a result of the latest software update which happened in mid August. So either this new software update didn't fix the problem or it actually caused it again.

Old 2017-09-04 , 14:24

Here is the thread that deals with lost recordings:

http://forum.dstv.com/showthread.php?t=39330
90cm dish; LMX502 ; Explora as Primary in lounge, HD-PVR2 in flat; XV heartbeat via RF outs; Samsung 60LED7000 via HDMI and Sony 42" 576p panel via composite; Flat has 32" Hi-Sense. Denon AVRX1100 configured for 5.1; Sony BluRay; WD media player; All using HDMI/optical/coax.
Old 2017-09-04 , 14:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisvdh View Post
Here is the thread that deals with lost recordings:

http://forum.dstv.com/showthread.php?t=39330
Thanks for that. Reading through the thread I find MC's response shocking and pathetic to be honest. They first try to convince you that it's simply the titles that have expired (which doesn't explain why the entire download history has also disappeared) then they try to blame it on your installation. Then finally they admit there is an issue and that they are working on a fix. These people really have no clue. What if you got an installer to come out (at a considerable cost to you) and he checked everything and found nothing wrong with your installation? Would MC pay you back for the money you wasted? They don't even apologize for the incorrect reasons given for this issue. So this issue will continue to occur until they come up with a fix sometime in the distant future and we have to continue to download in the hope that this issue doesn't happen again? My suggestion was that maybe this problem occurs when there's a new software update hence my original question. My word what a disgrace this company is.

Old 2017-09-04 , 14:55

I no longer make use of any of MC's Value Added Services as I've had too many bad experiences and failures on their part. I am very hesitant as I don't trust MC. That is how bad my relationship with them has become. If I see something I'd like to watch I rather record it. It is time consuming but at least I have more chance of the title actually being there for me to enjoy with the correct audio and length. If I do download it is only one or two titles. That way I don't end up wasting lots of time and data. Frankly I don't trust MC to deliver the product that I'm paying for and I am researching alternatives. As soon as one is found I will be cancelling my subscription. They have absolutely no shame in taking R1100 from me every month yet they continue to provide a substandard service. There have just been too many failures and excuses and lack of apologies from MC and they are definitely not a service provider that I want to continue to do business with.