Forum > Decoders > Installation > No signal on Single view HD decoder
Old 2017-08-20 , 14:03
Still gets up to change channels

Default No signal on Single view HD decoder

After reconnecting my Dstv at my new house my Single view 4u decoder does not get any signal, it is connected to my smart Lnb unicable port B, and is my extra view decoder. During installation a software update was available, and now suddely the decoder gets no signal, there is nothing wrong with the cable as it works perfectly when I connect my Explora to the same cable. The 4u decoder now goes to the setup screen when it loads and does not pick up a signal. Please help
Old 2017-08-20 , 15:37
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Check that the Home Network setting LNB Type is set to Unicable/Satcr and do a rescan. It look like the settings changed during the software update.
Old 2017-08-20 , 15:40

Thanks for reply, but It does not want to do a scan as the decoder keeps giving the error message that there are no signal.
Old 2017-08-20 , 15:45

You may also have a userband conflict. The 4U should be sett to use a different user band than the three that the Explora uses.
Old 2017-08-23 , 10:23

Hi jan

can you select another port from the switch and discconect the primary decoder , so that you can work only on the secondary . try boyh the unicable and universal ports and change the settings in the decoder menu when changing bewteen unicable ports and universal .
please advise which Dstv switch you are using , if its the 24-1z switch than userbands are the same as the smart lnb , however if its the dstv 5.1/2 switch the frequencies are on the switch and there are some difference . please advise which switch your using
Old 2017-08-23 , 10:25

sorry message was meant for Andre
Old 2017-08-23 , 10:31
Changes remote batteries hourly

Hi David, you've misread - he has a SLNB;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre Greyling View Post
After reconnecting my Dstv at my new house my Single view 4u decoder does not get any signal, it is connected to my smart Lnb unicable port B, and is my extra view decoder. During installation a software update was available, and now suddely the decoder gets no signal, there is nothing wrong with the cable as it works perfectly when I connect my Explora to the same cable. The 4u decoder now goes to the setup screen when it loads and does not pick up a signal. Please help
Hope you'll be around for a whle now, Geoff is away and I'm getting too busy to help. Fortunately others have been assisting :-)
Old 2017-08-23 , 10:33

No problem........
according to his first post I was under the impression that he is connected to a SLNB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre Greyling View Post
it is connected to my smart Lnb unicable port B, and is my extra view decoder....................Please help
Old 2017-08-23 , 10:40

sorry I mis read that post . I apologize thanx Jan. recommend same trouble shooting however swopping on menu first and than changing the ports at the lnb only if your able to reach the dish safely. s
Old 2017-08-23 , 17:53

Thank you for all the assistance, I solved the problem, it was a defective cable