Forum > Decoders > Installation > Explora 2A + Explora + HD decoder
Old 2017-07-24 , 23:21
Still listens to the wireless

Default Explora 2A + Explora + HD decoder

I have premium package with explora decoder and HD decoder for XtraView. All setup and working.

I now ordered an explora 2A and which to connect it as another XtraView.

Can someone tell me the simplist way to go about it. I have smart LNB.

regards

Hadray

Last edited by MC Marietjie; 2017-07-25 at 10:28. .
Old 2017-07-25 , 10:08
Changes remote batteries hourly

Welcome Hadray, the first thing you need to determine is what User Band Indexes are already in use.

On your existing 1st model Explora, in the menu simply go to Settings \ Satellite Settings \ Home Network and note down the 3 User Band Indexes in use.

On your 4136 HD Decoder (4U), see if the LNB type is set to "SATCR" or it may be called "Unicable" - only if so, do the same as above noting the User Band Index in use.
Sorry, I don't know where in its menu you'll find the LNB type info.

After connecting it to the TV, connect the Explora 2A's Unicable In to one of the spare Unicable ports on the Smart LNB (SLNB).
If afterwards there are any Unicable port(s) open then attach the supplied terminators.

The 2A will use any 3 unused and available User Band Indexes and their associated Frequencies. Do the Frequency settings first.
A list of User Band Indexes is here: http://forum.dstv.com/showthread.php...714#post337714

The heartbeat (HB) connection - split it with a T-piece and connect the new leg to the 2A's RF In port which will allow for most convenience.
In the 2A's menu also set Settings \ System Settings \ Remote Control \ RF Transmit Port to RF In.

Now just phone the Call Centre to enable the new arrangement.
Let us know if you want help with connecting any of the other TVs to the 2A, etc.

Last edited by Optimist; 2017-07-25 at 11:16. . Reason: A bit more detail, now done
Old 2017-07-25 , 11:04
Changes remote batteries hourly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
On your 4136 HD Decoder (4U), see if the LNB type is set to "SATCR" or it may be called "Unicable" - only if so, do the same as above noting the User Band Index in use.
Sorry, I don't know where in its menu you'll find the LNB type info.
@MC Field Services - can you please let us know where in the 4136's menu is this setting, and is it called "SATCR", "SATCR Universal" (or are there both choices), or Unicable?

(I'm presuming that the alternative "Legacy" setting is just called "Universal".)

Thanks!