Forum > Value Added Services > DStv Catch Up > Catch Up menus or library
Old 2017-07-20 , 13:17
Still gets up to change channels

Default Catch Up menus or library

Hi there,

Not sure whether this is the correct thread, I apologise if I'm using the wrong thread, but I feel like the Catch Up menus need to be urgently addressed or restructured.

I'm not sure what classifies as series and what are other shows when CU menus have everything so mixed up. On the Catch Up "Series" section you have a combination of soapies, reality/actuality shows and fictional TV series all mixed up together (depending on release of an episode). I know scrolling down in the "Series" section isn't a big effort; it's just an inconvenience. However, there must be a better way than what is currently happening in this section.

Under "Other Shows", you have a combination of documentaries, reality/actuality and once-off specials. So, shows like Rap Game, KFC Taste Kitchen, Take Me Out, Meet The Parents, The Great British Bake Off are found under "Other Shows" (which makes sense, these are contests), but then you have similar contest shows like Love Connection, My Kitchen Rules, Voice SA, Date My Family and The Bachelorette under "Series".

Surely, these shows are also actuality, so why aren't they under the separate "Other Shows" section? I guess overall, I just wonder why aren't all the actuality/reality TV series in one section? There are so many of them. Also, what is the rationale to group contests shows or other reality/actuality TV content in one section when you have the same genre in another section? If it is meant to be like that, then why not at least place the two sections next to each other on the main CU menu?

Apologies for all the questions, but can someone please explain this to me?
Old 2017-07-20 , 13:24
Changes remote batteries hourly

As best as (I think) we understand it, changes to majority demographics of the users of the service over the last few years have made these reality and soapie series "mainstream".

Certainly a separate section for reality and soapie series would make a lot of sense to many here, although we have to remember that we don't really represent much of the bigger picture as this forum attracts a particular set of demographic interests that are often not the majority interests.
And agreed, under the circumstances perhaps "Other Shows" should sit right next to "Series".
Old 2017-07-20 , 13:37

The way it is now seems a bit disorganised, but I really appreciate the explanation. Thank you, Optimist.
Old 2017-07-27 , 11:18
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Hi All

This is being addressed by various teams in the business.

Updates will be posted once received.
Old 2017-08-17 , 19:26

MC Grace, thank you so much for addressing this issue!!! Much better layout! So much better! Those teams are awesome! I'm very impressed that they got this sorted so quickly. Well done! And again thank you so much. Please relay my heartfelt thanks and appreciation.
Old 2017-08-24 , 22:19
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by charnea View Post
MC Grace, thank you so much for addressing this issue!!! Much better layout! So much better! Those teams are awesome! I'm very impressed that they got this sorted so quickly. Well done! And again thank you so much. Please relay my heartfelt thanks and appreciation.
Hi charnea

That's what we like to hear .

I have shared with the relevant teams, glad you like the change .