Forum > Decoders > PVR Decoders > 101: Failed recordings
Old 2017-06-20 , 07:12
Changes remote batteries daily. Has an entire thread named after her.

Default 101: Failed recordings

So for the 2nd night in a row, failed recordings This time it looks like late EPG changes were the problem - thought that this was a thing of the past, especially with the new reality starting time being earlier??

failed recordings.jpg
Old 2017-06-20 , 07:44
Still gets up to change channels

Hi Mad Cap. I have a very sneaky suspicion that MC is fiddling with the software again and not telling us. Maybe they are busy with some new useless channel again that offers no value whatsoever. So what's new I suppose? I have issues with slow remote response times. You have problems with failed recordings! MC has just poured their second cup of coffee for the morning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 2017-06-20 , 07:50

Apologies Mad Cat for miss spelling your name but I guess I am just a little bit mad with the situation at present.

Old 2017-06-20 , 08:44
Changes remote batteries hourly

These recording problems are not new, we've been engaging with MC for some time about it and fair progress had been made. Now a setback. See your thread re the rest of the details I've shared with you, you're missing some of the puzzle pieces.
Old 2017-06-20 , 09:03
Knows how to use a remote

Hi francet

I can assure you that no new software was downloaded to customers of late. We are planning a release of software next week but dont have the final stamp of approval yet and hence i am unable to release any information on the new software.

We have the tech teams all investigating the two issues of failed recordings and slow remote responses this morning.

I am sorry for your frustration and can assure you we are trying our best to make it better.

Thank you
Old 2017-06-20 , 09:43

MC thank you for the response. It is really not my intention to needlessly fight with you but if you could have just responded a bit sooner we could have avoided this unpleasant situation. Optimist I also highly appreciate your help and effort but to say fair progress has been made is frankly trying to get MC off the hook. Fair progress is not what we pay almost R1000 per month for. We want a product that performs as promised. In a normal competitive market DSTV would be hard pressed to keep ahead of the competition. If this particular problem has been doing the rounds for so long now as you say, why is there still this issue? We have spacecraft circling Jupiter and sending back incredible data and DSTV cannot even correct a slow remote response after so long? I rest my case.

Old 2017-06-20 , 10:12

Francet, not trying to be rude, but seriously, have a look around before you jump to some wild conclusions. For starters you'll see that I complain as well all too often, but with knowledge. So be careful who you accuse of making excuses for MC please.

There's a concept out there that everything can just be instantly fixed. Those of us involved with tech all our lives know this is nonsense, some bugs are complicated so take time to sort out. Lots of high tech industries have this problem these days in this ever faster moving and demanding world of ours.

The Explora has had a fair track record but this year seems to be quite ill, we're as concerned as you. Those of us here regularly know that progress is being made.

A balance has to be kept here else we'll all get nowhere, this isn't MyBroadband.
Old 2017-06-20 , 11:49
Knows how to use a remote

hi Mad Cat

Ive pinged the scheduling team to see if they made any changes and whats gone wrong here - Ta
Old 2017-06-20 , 13:06

Hi Optimist, I still stand by my previous post. The slow response has been rectified. Funny how quick the response is when the temperature is increased a bit. We all pay for our subscription and this forum does not belong to just a few regulars covering each other's backs.

Old 2017-06-20 , 14:44

No-one claimed that it belongs to anyone, and all will agree you're also entitled to complain as much as you want to so no need to feel defensive - it's not like most forums here :-) Some of us just help to keep the facts straight when we can, better understanding for all of us.