Forum > Value Added Services > DStv Catch Up > Missing on Explora Catch Up
Old 2016-04-18 , 10:30
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
@EmJay - I think the person helping you may have been making presumptions and generalising.
  • For Criminal Minds S11 on my Explora I've got E10, E11 and E13 on CU+ , with last week's E12 on CU.
  • Based on the expiry dates I'm seeing, E10 and E11 have moved to CU+ now which is normal for some series, that way they're still available after normal expiry.
  • E12 being on CU says to me that this is the normal state of affairs for the series, and that they've accidentally put E13 on CU+ too early instead, something else we see happen on occasions.
  • Why you haven't seen any of it arrive is another matter, we do rarely see a difference between Exploras but perhaps you should post your signal strength and signal quality for tuner 3 - Help \ General Information \ Tuner Status.
I've yet to see any series moved mid-season from CU to CU+ as far as first deliveries go.
Signal strengths and quality:-

Tuner 1 - 100% and 100%
Tuner3 - 75% and 100%

Shouldn't be a problem - everything else finds its way onto CU.
Old 2016-04-18 , 10:35

Any news on Fear The Walking Dead

Sent from my SM-J200H using Tapatalk
Old 2016-04-18 , 10:36
Changes remote batteries hourly

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmJay View Post
Signal strengths and quality:-

Tuner 1 - 100% and 100%
Tuner3 - 75% and 100%

Shouldn't be a problem - everything else finds its way onto CU.
Agreed. (Just check for yourself if when tuned to channel 262 that the tuner 1 values remain high.)

MC will now no doubt be investigating why some boxes didn't get that episode, hopefully it will arrive soon.
Old 2016-04-18 , 11:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
Agreed. (Just check for yourself if when tuned to channel 262 that the tuner 1 values remain high.)

MC will now no doubt be investigating why some boxes didn't get that episode, hopefully it will arrive soon.
Interesting. Why channel 262? Not on My Favourites :-)

Strength & Quality remain virtually identical (within 1% of strength).

My feeling is that MC have largely sorted out most of the technical problems that they were having with CU earlier in the year, and that now the problems are mainly ones of Quality Control and Management. Some people are not doing their jobs properly. Just my opinion.
Old 2016-04-18 , 11:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmJay View Post
Interesting. Why channel 262? Not on My Favourites :-)
Just making sure that Vertically polarised signals were checked as well (not related to CU itself on Exploras).
As for the choice of channel, see Which channels to use for testing
Old 2016-04-18 , 12:51
MultiChoice

Just to let you know - I have escalated Criminal Minds and Fear the Walking Dead - am waiting for proper feedback.
Old 2016-04-18 , 13:56
MultiChoice

An update on Fear the Walking Dead - Ep 1 will be available on your decoders tonight. Ep 2 will also air tonight and will hopefully be available a lot sooner.

As Explora is stacking up to 4 episodes, ep 1 will stay on your decoder with Ep 2, and then build all the way to ep 4 before ep 1 expires (hope this makes sense - 4 get stacked, once ep 5 airs, ep 1 will fall off and be replaced by ep 5 so you have 4 episodes from 2-5, then 3-6, and so on.
Old 2016-04-19 , 09:39

We are missing The Good Wife, Ep 3 of Happy Valley (Ep 4 is there), and Last Tango in Halifax Ep 4
Old 2016-04-19 , 11:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindamary View Post
We are missing The Good Wife, Ep 3 of Happy Valley (Ep 4 is there), and Last Tango in Halifax Ep 4
Personally, I'm not worried about The Good Wife, but I am concerned about the other two. The problems with these, together with some others, are leading me to the conclusion that we're headed for another melt-down with CU. If so, then surely it's time for some heads to roll.

Reading on the 'Net about Happy Valley, it looks like episode 3 is the pivotal one of the 6 episode series. The last broadcast of episode 3 was at 23.30 last night and if the episode doesn't reach CU soon, with episodes 5 and 6 being broadcast tonight, it making little sense to even manually record them. Another series likely to be ruined through incompetence.
Old 2016-04-19 , 11:25

MC have been making it clear over the last few weeks that CU has become very important to them, I'm sure "heads will roll" if need be, but too often it really is caused by external factors that MC and other platforms are constantly battling over with the studios etc.
It's been explained well in the past, studio bosses drag their heels over modern changes such as CU.

As much as it has improved it really is essential to still record backups. I've never stopped... a pain, but results in reliable, quality results. It's a complex service.