View Poll Results: Do you miss the Forum King?
Yes! My heart feels incomplete when the Forum King is not on the forum 1 8.33%
Yes! I think he should make more effort to be here - I don't care if he's busy 5 41.67%
No! Who is the Forum King anyway? 8 66.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll
Old 2017-10-12 , 12:10
Changes remote batteries hourly

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetle bailey View Post
My comment is pretty much useless but I just didn't want JeanP to think we are ignoring her.
"JeanP" is the French male version of the name.

But don't panic, JP is used to that confusion and it doesn't worry him.
Old 2017-10-12 , 17:25
4K, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
"JeanP" is the French male version of the name.

But don't panic, JP is used to that confusion and it doesn't worry him.
JeanP my sincere apologies. I did try to ascertain your "sex", one can use such a word here can one, not sure these days, on your Dstv profile but unfortunately without any success. Sorry about the error.

Thanks for the correction Optimist.
Old 2017-10-12 , 17:35
Changes remote batteries daily

No problem BB. I didn't realise that you didn't know

Explora
Old 2017-10-12 , 17:54

I wonder if BB is going to remember this... JP, maybe you need to make a weight-lifter avatar
Old 2017-10-12 , 18:58
4K, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
I wonder if BB is going to remember this... JP, maybe you need to make a weight-lifter avatar
Remember what? But you could be quite correct about this. Sure we can rely on MRS Forum King/Frosty to give me regular reminders that JeanP is a HE and NOT a SHE.

Apart from the long absent Eurica who else that frequent these hallowed halls are females? Just trying to make sure I don't make the same mistake again. Although I'm not promising anything and when it comes to avatars then Optimist's suggestion of a male weightlifter may not be a bad idea. Provided the person posting it IS a male.
Old 2017-10-12 , 19:11
4K, baby!

Excuse the follow up message as a new post and not included in the previous one of mine but it's on a totally new topic. My 7" Walka.

I hadn't used the Walka for a good couple of months and when I wanted to use it discovered, not surprisingly, that the battery was flat. So, I put the thing on charge and left it. Unfortunately I then forgot about it and only remembered a couple of weeks later. The device was on the floor under a table in one of the bedrooms. When I went to fetch it I discovered that it was ....... "cooked"? Something inside had expanded to such an extent that the device had split open. Like poor old Humpty Dumpty I couldn't put it back together again. Yesterday it found its way into some computer device type bin at Makro from where it will be taken to it's happy home in the sky. Or wherever such devices go once they are Kaput!!

Question I now ask is how do I remove this from my list of devices on the DStv website? I looked and could only see where one can add a device not where to remove one.

But let this be a warning to all not to leave your Walkas charging for too long.
Old 2017-10-12 , 22:04

Will this icon do BB.

Explora
Old 2017-10-13 , 07:26

Quote:
Question I now ask is how do I remove this from my list of devices on the DStv website? I looked and could only see where one can add a device not where to remove one.
Doubt anyone usually in the lounge can answer that, and it's about MC again BB - maybe ask in the DStv Mobile forum section, but if not being replaced I don't think it makes a difference to anything to leave it listed.

Interesting about the overcharging though, I never would have though even such a lengthy charge could lead to so much damage
Old 2017-10-13 , 07:48

Note to future self. Don't put a device of any kind on charge and forget about it.

Explora
Old 2017-10-13 , 07:58
All Hail FrostyD, Forum king!!!!!

Quote:
Remember what? But you could be quite correct about this. Sure we can rely on MRS Forum King/Frosty to give me regular reminders that JeanP is a HE and NOT a SHE.

Apart from the long absent Eurica who else that frequent these hallowed halls are females? Just trying to make sure I don't make the same mistake again. Although I'm not promising anything and when it comes to avatars then Optimist's suggestion of a male weightlifter may not be a bad idea. Provided the person posting it IS a male.