Forum > Value Added Services > DStv Catch Up > Wrong Carte Blanche E28 on SD PVR
Old 2017-10-10 , 12:31
Changes remote batteries hourly

Red face Wrong Carte Blanche E28 on SD PVR

Last night I watched my HD recording of this last Sunday's Carte Blanche E28 from 101.

Today someone was looking at some CU items on the SD PVR, happened to notice that its version has different content but is still labelled E28.

Devi hosts both.
The incorrect one includes stories about cancer fighting stem cells and some fresh suburban cellular towers concerns.
The correct one includes an early insert that offered a bit more detail about the REDISA tyres tax scandal, perhaps the other was made as a backup in case of any more last minute legal concerns with that reporting.

The Explora version is correct.

Both versions have a generic synopsis.
(My recording's synopsis had the correct episode detail.)

Last edited by Optimist; 2017-10-10 at 13:10. . Reason: Tidy up
Old 2017-10-11 , 12:58

Feedback - saw that this was already picked up on and replaced by this morning.
Old 2017-10-13 , 13:57
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
Feedback - saw that this was already picked up on and replaced by this morning.
Hi Optimist

Sorry for the hold up. Yes, it was picked up and corrected.

Thank you
Old 2017-10-15 , 22:00

And a belated thank you as well Grace

I'm back in this thread as I've now see that tonight's Carte Blanche is exactly what was delivered to SD PVRs a week ago.
As would be expected, both weeks there hasn't been a "live" notice on the logo either.
So a question for the other Mods - is this temporary, occasional, or an end to presenters on Carte Blanche being live?
TIA
Old 2017-10-16 , 16:09

Quote:

I'm back in this thread as I've now see that tonight's Carte Blanche is exactly what was delivered to SD PVRs a week ago.
As would be expected, both weeks there hasn't been a "live" notice on the logo either.
So a question for the other Mods - is this temporary, occasional, or an end to presenters on Carte Blanche being live?
TIA
Hi Optimist

Yes, a belated thank you as well 'hide'.

I am checking with the M-Net team on this one, will loop you in when they revert back.
Old 2017-10-16 , 17:08

Quote:

TIA
Kindly see our team's response regarding the show.

Carte Blanche is a live broadcast every Sunday, with one of their presenters anchoring the show live from our studios here in Randburg. The inserts / stories that appear in the show are recorded to premiere as part of each Sunday night show, as has been done on Carte Blanche for the past 29 years.

The only time we repeat stories on a Sunday night is during the festive period in December, when the Carte Blanche team is on leave.

Other weekly repeats occur on M-Net every Monday and Friday in the mid-afternoons.
Old 2017-10-16 , 17:21

Thank you so much for going to this extra trouble Grace. And appreciate your good humour

Unfortunately the response from your team makes no sense whatsoever though, given the info I've provided in this thread.

Yes, I and many other Forumites know very well how Carte Blanche works. Normally...
In my case, I've watched the show almost without any misses for its whole history!

But, nothing that important as I'm sure any longer term changes would become apparent soon enough, and again thanks to you personally Grace
Old 2017-10-16 , 17:27

Quote:
Thank you so much for going to this extra trouble Grace. And appreciate your good humour

Unfortunately the response from your team makes no sense whatsoever though, given the info I've provided in this thread.

Yes, I and many other Forumites know very well how Carte Blanche works. Normally...
In my case, I've watched the show almost without any misses for its whole history!

But, nothing that important as I'm sure any longer term changes would become apparent soon enough, and again thanks to you personally Grace
Anytime
Old 2017-10-17 , 18:59

Quote:

Hi Optimist

It seems there was in fact a broadcast glitch with Carte Blanche. An updated response will be posted once received from the team. So sorry about that.
Old Yesterday , 08:04

Hi Optimist

Kindly see response below;-
Due to studio and/or crew availability Carte Blanche pre-records its studio links on the odd occasion. This normally happens once or twice per year and before the December holiday. On Sunday 8 October Carte Blanche had to record the studio links for 15 October as well and packaged the episode. Unfortunately, the wrong episode (15 October and not 8 October) was loaded onto Catch Up, which created some confusion. We do apologise for the inconvenience caused.