Forum > Decoders > Installation > Explora picture breakup
Old 2017-08-18 , 20:30
Still gets up to change channels

Default Explora picture breakup

With the new Explora decoder, newLNB and dish,picture breakup during slightly inclement weather seems to have got worse! If the weather is clear,I get 100% signal strengths all around. If there are a few clouds around then the majority of channels are unviewable due to picture breakup.If I then check the signal strength it jumps around a lot,but does not remain constant on 100%. Anything I can do? Anybody else having same experience?
Old 2017-08-19 , 09:15
Changes remote batteries hourly

Hi,

As there doesn't seem to be actual rain involved you've got a most unusual and odd problem.

I suspect it's temperature related, caused by a faulty LNB or poor connection.
Please note for yourself, and any installer you may be keeping an eye on in future, that all connections should only ever be hand-tightened else it can result in damage which may include a dry solder joint.

Cables should also be checked for wear and tear, or replaced if much more than 5 years old.

Also note that the Exploras are more sensitive when it comes to alignment and signal readings, so that may be why the problem has only "surfaced" now.

It's unlikely that much more help can be offered here.
Old 2017-08-21 , 07:45

Many thanks! It is quite a new installation, probably 1 year. Will climb up and check the connections!
Old 2017-08-23 , 10:18
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Hi Louis
If you check signal tuner status is your quality 100% or close too.
there might be an issue at the dish , its a possibility . sounds a bit hard to diagnose the fault , as you say in clear weather its 100% and only cloudy weather you are affected, is there wind aswell that could be moving the dish if not mounted correctly .
Old 2017-08-23 , 12:14

Yes, tuner status 100% under normal conditions. Under conditions of slight rain or sometimes even cloud, then the status jumps around a lot. Cant say if windy or not, but will check that. Off-hand looks stable, but will monitor.
Old 2017-08-24 , 11:56
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

thats concerning ,does it happen during the day time also or only at night
Old 2017-08-24 , 12:43

I can't say I have noticed during the day! I have definitely experienced it at night!