Forum > Content > Sport > SUPERSPORT 7 ON DSTV FAMILY PACKAGE IN ROA
Old 2017-08-16 , 14:43
4K, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Sandile View Post
South Africa and the Rest of Africa are separate entities and the content on offer on the different packages varies significantly.
An example of a similar content arrangement is the Uefa Champions League.
Compact customers in SA have access to the Uefa Champions League, whilst in the Rest of Africa they don't.
Who has the broadcast rights for these two Leagues for South Africa and the Rest of Africa? I would imagine that it's MC? If so then the Rest of Africa must have some sort of arrangement with MC for them to screen the La Liga football?
Old 2017-08-16 , 15:17
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetle bailey View Post
Who has the broadcast rights for these two Leagues for South Africa and the Rest of Africa? I would imagine that it's MC? If so then the Rest of Africa must have some sort of arrangement with MC for them to screen the La Liga football?
To save you the pain, its the business model which hate it or love makes sense because now you have to upgrade. For years the only way you could watch SS3 ROA was to upgrade to Premium. Outside SA there is no real market for SS4 or Rugby for that matter but European soccer, ever facing greater competition from both legal and illegal options MC has to leverage their positions in those markets.

Simply put, there are more people who pay to solely to watch Messi vs Ronaldo than people who pay to watch The Targaryens vs The Lannisters