Old 2017-07-03 , 11:08

Default New Software

We’re updating the software on your Explora decoders between today and Wednesday 05 July 2017.

Listed below are some of the fixes we’re implementing:

•Errors displayed
Smart card errors randomly displayed while viewing

•Settings:
Home network layout screen not showing change in LNB type

•Performance:
Explora not tracking changes to the EPG
Playlist episodes sorting incorrectly
The ability to remotely schedule a recording when your decoder in in stand-by
Decoder not responding to Remote control commands.

How will you know whether you have the new software?

The loader version of the new software will be:
DStv Explora – L71
DStv Explora 2 – L17

Last edited by MC Mpho; 2017-07-03 at 12:50. .
Old 2017-07-07 , 09:33
Changes remote batteries hourly

I received L71/2 on Wed. morning.
Since then I've been having a most odd problem with one "scheduled" recording, so posting this in case others need to be warned about it happening or they can add their insights.

Yesterday I added a SBR for the new season of Suits on 101, which starts next Thurs. @ 20:30.

I then noticed that a EBR had been added automatically for the movie "Easy A" on 112 next Thurs. @ 21:20. It was naturally in conflict with Suits.
From what I can recall, months ago I think I either had an error with this movie or decided to record it on the other decoder due to a conflict.

Deleted the movie, then decided to set an EBR for it after all. Now Suits was the one marked as being in conflict. At that time there was no repeats scheduled for either during that week.
Later on yesterday, I needed to reboot and afterwards the movie had disappeared. I put it back again.

This morning the movie was gone again. Put it back again, and then rescheduled Suits for its first repeat next Fri. afternoon.

About an hour later I decided to reboot to test the stability of this.
Suits remains rescheduled but the movie has vanished again. I will now set a MR for that movie.

My conclusion is that it's possibly just weird circumstances based on distant past behaviour and therefore nothing to be generally concerned about, but nevertheless a deeper level of behaviour that needs attention.

Unfortunately I'm not available to discuss.
Old 2017-07-07 , 11:12

Good day Optimist,

I have feedback from the team.
They advise that the CA error fix is only targeting Version 6 smart cards. Version 7 smart card fixes will be rolled out with the next software release.

Regards,
Mpho
Old 2017-07-07 , 11:18

Thanks Mpho.

(Related to another query elsewhere, presumed possibly also involved with my post above.)
Old 2017-07-07 , 14:40
Changes remote batteries daily

I have set MR for the two practice sessions of F1 for today. When I came home earlier I noticed that Practice 1 never recorded and although Practice 2 is still airing no recording is taking place.

I checked before I left this morning and no conflicts reflected. The failed recording list also does not reflect that he recordings failed. There really is no reason why it failed to record.

Hopefully this is not an indication of what we can expect with the latest software update.
Old 2017-07-10 , 12:30

This is very bizarre.

Without any history under failed recordings screens makes it worse.
We will setup a couple of manual recordings and keep logging in the hope that we will be able to replicate the issue.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 2017-07-10 , 16:18
Changes remote batteries daily

The two sessions were scheduled on channel 208. I tried to MR some of the programs that followed the F1 airings on 208 with the same results. At the same time MR worked perfectly on other SS channels and on 101. My conclusion is that some weird EPG scheduling caused the problem. The F1 practice 3 and qualifying session recordings scheduled for Saturday recorded with out any problem. Again pointing to something weird on the EPG
Old 2017-08-02 , 12:50

Since this software release the wording for the help etc. regarding Connected Services has been altered. This morning something very odd caught my eye, and seems to have somehow changed since the release;

Settings \ System Settings \ Connectivity Set-up
Here, if the Remote Recordings setting is off the message displayed is confusing in that is suggests that connected services will not work if that setting is off.
Further, it suggests pressing the Alt button to sort it out and that then shows further wording which even more insists on the Remote Recordings setting being turned on.

I have no interest in using the Remote Recordings option, have never had it turned on, do not ever plan to, and my CU+ continues to work perfectly fine without it.

The worst part is that it's not just confusing wording, the software is actually trying to incorrectly "correct the problem" as well.
(Maybe the poor wording by one set of programmers then confused another set of programmers )
I've purposely not gone into the detail of the wording or posted pics here, this instead needs individual careful examination by all involved. And then it needs to be questioned how this kind of confusion could have possibly been created in the first place