Forum > Content > General > DSTV Wifi Connector issue
Closed Thread  
Old 2015-01-05 , 16:14
Still gets up to change channels

Angry DSTV Wifi Connector issue

Trying to setup the DSTV wifi connector via the manual option as my Wifi router does not have a WSP button. I can see all my wifi networks, but no matter which one i choose it repeatedly says "incorrect password" to connect. All my other devices connect correctly and the password is definitely correct. I even tried from my wife's laptop and still the same result. I reset the Wifi connector via the button at the rear as well as tried looking for upgraded firmware.....it seems this unit does that automatically so can't update it anyway. I tried resetting the wifi router as well as rebooting etc....still the same result of "incorrect password" when trying to connect to my wifi. I tried from the house as well as standing next to the wifi router. My setup is as follows: Office is in another building 100m away and has an ADSL line with a wifi router connected. On the outside of the building we then have a TP Link wifi booster. Signal in our house is excellent and no issues connecting with other devices. I have tried connecting to both the ADSL wifi as well as the TP Link wifi....same issue. Called the DSTV Help line.....can't help as no idea why not connecting....."must be incorrect password" . Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Old 2015-01-05 , 16:16
MultiChoice

Did you double check your Connect ID on DStv.com?
Old 2015-01-05 , 16:30

Sorry MC, why would i need to check that when i can't even connect from my laptop into the Wifi Connector? Surely that must be done and working first?
Old 2015-01-05 , 16:34

i checked it anyway and it says "Smartcard already linked"
Old 2015-01-05 , 18:05
MultiChoice

Only asked cause you keep getting incorrect password.
Suggest you send a PM to MC Fathima so she can get someone to phone you.
Old 2015-01-05 , 18:17

I bought the Wi-Fi connector last week and had the exact same problem with "incorrect password". I knew I was typing in the correct password - thought I was going mad. I tried various things and eventually got it to work by selecting one of the options on the dstvwifi.local site - I think it was the Management option that shows your wifi networks. Sorry I can't be more precise - it's a bit of a blur now as I tried all the options on the site.
Old 2015-01-05 , 18:26

Oh yes, another thing - when I eventually got it to connect I ran the connectivity checker and the 2nd phase (connecting to the internet) kept failing. I tried several times but no luck. After an hour or so I saw the lights on the connector flasing amber which meant the firmware was being upgraded. After this finished I was then able to access the list of DSTV catchup Plus titles.
Old 2015-01-06 , 11:16

Thanks for the info but still no luck. I have sent a PM to MC Fathima and hopefully i will get a reply
Old 2015-01-06 , 12:26
4K, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by markwillis View Post
... the exact same problem with "incorrect password". I knew I was typing in the correct password ......
I have been beta testing these units for MC for quite a while. I have not had any pairing issues, with one exception.....

The extender may, depending on wireless signal strength, try to pair with your neighbour's wireless network and not yours. This will typically only happen if you are NOT using WPS to initiate an automatic pairing, but are pairing manually. Clearly, in this case the password you are supplying will be incorrect.

Is this perhaps what has happened with your failures to recognise the password?

Cheers, K.
Old 2015-01-06 , 12:42

Sorry Sandtonman, that post went right over my head .

Not sure if was meant for me or for Mark?
Closed Thread